Engineering Technologist, Major Contracts
How you will contribute as part of the TRCA team:
- Responsible for assisting with building and infrastructure, and other capital and special construction projects.
- Review technical documentation with Project Manager/Lead to ensure conformance with terms and conditions set out in the procurement documents including field reports, design briefs and assessments
- Provide support to the Project Lead relating to the day-to-day management of contractor’s during the construction implementation
- Track the contractor’s progress based on provided schedules
- Review of documentation including shop drawings, billing packages with quantity amounts and the processing of such documents within TRCA repositories.
- Provide input on the RFQ/RFT and RFP processes while abiding by corporate policies and procedures.
- Working with the internal project team preparing detailed construction estimates using Microsoft Excel spread sheets, itemizing individual tasks throughout the project phasing.
- Perform other duties as assigned or as required with departmental, divisional and/or corporate objectives (i.e., Carry out site inspections at active TRCA construction projects. Coordinate input into group and corporate databases as required.)
What will you need to succeed:
- 3-year diploma in Civil Engineering Technology or Construction Management
- 3 years’ experience in related field is an asset
- Eligibility for OACETT
- Valid G license
What TRCA has to offer you:
As part of a progressive team, you will have the opportunity to make a positive impact to preserving and protecting nature, while maintaining a balance between the natural environment and built environment. Working with experts within our field, you will join a team of colleagues that are committed to TRCA’s core values of integrity, collaboration, accountability, respect, and excellence (icare).
You will be part of a diverse and inclusive organization that:
- Makes a positive difference in the communities we serve.
- Fosters high performance and collaborative teams.
- Provides continuous learning and development opportunities.
- Offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits program (including Defined Benefit Pension Plan – OMERS/OTPP).
- Pregnancy & Parental Leave Top-Up Program.
- Provides unique TRCA Perks.
- Provides flexible work arrangements.
- Type de paie Salaire
- Indicateur d'emploi Temporary Contract
- Déplacement requis Oui
- Pourcentage de déplacements 70
- Études requises Baccalauréat
- 101 Exchange Ave, Concord, ON L4K 5R6, Canada