How you will contribute as part of the TRCA team:
- Act as a team lead for the Watershed on Wheels, Native Plants and Conservation Youth Corps Programs in the Region of Peel.
- Communicate with classroom teachers and TRCA staff to ensure the successful booking and delivery of programs.
- Create and manage an online booking system for TRCA’s education programs in Peel.
- Report program accomplishments and create a shared file to access the information.
- Collect and enter data related to programs, services and clients.
- Work with other members of the teaching team to update and enhance lesson plans and delivery options and activities.
- Under the guidance of the Supervisor develop new programs and actively seek new delivery partnership models.
What will you need to succeed:
- Post-secondary degree in Environmental Studies, Outdoor Recreation, History, Geography or other related degree.
- Bachelor of Education or Ontario College of Teachers certification.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Successful completion of a Vulnerable Sector Screening is required
- Active and current First Aid and CPR certificate
- Excellent communication skills in all modes (written, verbal, email, etc.).
- Classroom management and teaching skills in diverse environments.
- Computer literate, competent in cross cultural environment
- Coordination skills (i.e., budget tracking, scheduling, reporting, inventory, marketing)
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Outdoor recreation skills such as cycling, canoeing, snowshoeing, survival skills
What TRCA has to offer you:
As part of a progressive team, you will have the opportunity to make a positive impact to preserving and protecting nature, while maintaining a balance between the natural environment and built environment. Working with experts within our field, you will join a team of colleagues that are committed to TRCA’s core values of integrity, collaboration, accountability, respect, and excellence (icare).
You will be part of a diverse and inclusive organization that:
- Makes a positive difference in the communities we serve.
- Fosters high performance and collaborative teams.
- Provides continuous learning and development opportunities.
- Offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits program (including Defined Benefit Pension Plan – OMERS/OTPP).
- Pregnancy & Parental Leave Top-Up Program.
- Provides unique TRCA Perks.
- Provides flexible work arrangements.
- Offers potential for career growth and advancement.
- Type de paie À heure
- Indicateur d'emploi Temporary Contract
- Taux min. à l'embauche 77 382,00 $
- Taux max. à l'embauche 83 895,00 $
- Déplacement requis Oui
- Pourcentage de déplacements 50
- Études requises Baccalauréat
- 101 Exchange Ave, Concord, ON L4K 5R6, Canada