How you will contribute as part of the TRCA team:
The Cook is responsible for food planning, preparation, service, and clean-up as it relates to food service delivery. The Cook follows planned menus to provide a balanced food service for patrons. This position ensures that all food operations, preparation, and presentations meet TRCA’s commitment to high quality service.
A key role of this position is maintaining and complying with food standard regulations, while ensuring a safe, orderly, sanitized kitchen through proper food preparation and food handling techniques and processes. Compliance of Health and Safety and Food Standard Protocols is a major responsibility of this role.
This position also supports customer service playing a key role in delivering a strong customer experience.
- Prepare meals according to approved menus and recipes having regard at all times to health and safety requirements for food handling.
- Ensure food supplies are properly stored at all times including storage of food products as delivered, ensuring an appropriate inventory level.
- Operate food service equipment in accordance with health and safety requirements.
- Ensure daily knowledge and understanding of specific client allergies and/or special diet requirements and prepare food accordingly.
- Track daily temperature checks on all refrigeration and freezer units.
- Participate in clean-up, including dish washing, removal of garbage, recycling, and composting, as well as grease removal at the end of each shift.
What will you need to succeed:
- Food Handers Certificate required.
- Smart Serve Certification
- Standard First Aid Certificate and CPR required.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in food preparation and service.
- Experience preparing large/batch quantities of food.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to lift and carry objects weighing up to fifty pounds.
What TRCA has to offer you:
As part of a progressive team, you will have the opportunity to make a positive impact to preserving and protecting nature, while maintaining a balance between the natural environment and built environment. Working with experts within our field, you will join a team of colleagues that are committed to TRCA’s core values of integrity, collaboration, accountability, respect, and excellence (icare).
You will be part of a diverse and inclusive organization that:
- Makes a positive difference in the communities we serve.
- Fosters high performance and collaborative teams.
- Provides continuous learning and development opportunities.
- Offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits program (including Defined Benefit Pension Plan – OMERS/OTPP).
- Pregnancy & Parental Leave Top-Up Program.
- Provides unique TRCA Perks.
- Provides flexible work arrangements.
- Offers potential for career growth and advancement.
- Type de paie À heure
- Indicateur d'emploi Temporary Contract
- Déplacement requis Non
- Pourcentage de déplacements 0
- Pourcentage de télétravail 0
- Études requises Études secondaires
- Bathurst Glen Golf Course, 12481 Bathurst St, Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada