172 - HL - Seniors Dental - Dentist
Dentist (1 part-time)
The Middlesex-London Health Unit has an exciting opportunity for one part-time Dentist to work on the Oral Health team in the Healthy Living Division. Reporting to the Manager, Oral Health, key responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to, the provision of a broad range of publicly funded clinical dentistry services.
Under the direction of the Manager, Oral Health, the incumbent will:
- Perform a broad range of clinical dentistry services by providing dental diagnostics, preventive, restorative treatment to standards currently accepted by the Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario (RCDSO). Basic services may include but are not limited to fillings, extractions, denture fitting and realignments, fabrication of dental prosthetic appliances, root canals on selected teeth, stainless steel crowns, etc.;
- Formulate comprehensive treatment plans, inform patients and families of treatment plans and obtain consent for treatment;
- Perform emergency dental procedures;
- Maintain client records in accordance with the Royal College of Dental Surgeons Record Keeping Guidelines and MLHU policies and practices, using ABLEDent software;
- Obtain complete medical history and consult with client’s primary care providers where necessary. Referring clients for medical testing or further assessment if warranted;
- Assist the Manager of Oral Health with planning and reporting when required.
- Prescribe antibiotics and administer local anesthetic;
- Act as Radiation Protection Officer (RPO) and ensure adherence to the Healing Arts Radiation Protection (HARP);
- Ensure proper X-ray quality assurance and disposal of biohazardous waste as per legislative acts;
- Prescribe and interpret radiographs as a component of the diagnostic process;
- Incorporate health promotion approaches that recognize the impact of social determinants of health;
- Work in a way that adheres to established organizational Infection Prevention and Control (IPAC) standards, policies and procedures;
- Maintain competence through professional development activities and training; and,
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Doctor of Dental Surgery Degree from a university recognized by the Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario;
- Current registration in good standing with the Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario and eligible to practice clinical dentistry in Ontario;
- Current CPR certification;
- Experience working in a dental office, public health or community health facility;
- Knowledge of the eligibility requirements for publicly funded dental programs including the new Ontario Seniors Dental Care Program (OSDCP), Healthy Smiles Ontario (HSO), Ontario Works (OW), Ontario Disability Services Program (ODSP) and Non-Insured Health Benefits (NIHB);
- Demonstrated understanding of the diverse and complex health and social needs of the community members, particularly those experiencing social inequity and discrimination;
- Demonstrated ability to create safe, positive and inclusive environments when working with diverse populations, and to engage in trauma- and violence-informed practices;
- Previous experience working with children and/or senior population an asset;
- Familiarity with government legislation, such as occupational health and safety, and privacy legislation;
- Available to work in locations in London and/or Middlesex county;
- Able to work flexible hours and under flexible conditions;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a strong ability to work independently and take initiative;
- Technical skills in the areas of documentation, Microsoft Office Suite, and database software;
- Experience with ABELDent and Oral Health Information Support System (OHISS) is an asset;
- Valid Ontario Driver's License and access to reliable transportation; and;
- Communication proficiency (written and verbal) in French and/or any other language is highly desirable.
To apply to this position, please submit all applications electronically via our Career Opportunities page at www.healthunit.com . Please note that we may consider independent Contractor arrangement, please contact us for further details.
Information concerning applicants is collected under the authority of the Health Protection & Promotion Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. H-7, as amended, and will be used to consider suitability for employment. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The Health Unit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Accommodations are available, upon request, to support potential applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Should you require accommodation, please contact our Human Resources Department at 519-663-5317, extension 2512 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Type de paie Salaire
- 355 Wellington St, London, ON N6A, Canada