Building Science Project Manager/Senior Project Manager
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our building quality assurance services cover all phases of the project. We work closely with our clients throughout the entire life cycle of the project and are the leading experts in Quality Assurance.
Our professional engineers have worked on buildings of all sizes across Canada and provide construction management consulting to our clients.
We are considered the preeminent providers of Tarion Registrar Bulletin 19 Field Review Consultant services for condominiums. We fully understand the myriad of regulations in the Tarion Registrar Bulletin 19 program and are one of the largest providers of B19 services in Ontario.
If you are looking for an opportunity to work with a collaborative, hard-working and dedicated team of professionals and have fun delivering high-quality projects regardless of the project size, we are looking for new talent to join our supportive and dynamic team and enable you to turn possibilities into reality.
Our Core Purpose - Turning Possibilities Into Reality represents our commitment to solving problems, getting things done and moving forward through collaboration with clients and teams.
As one of the country’s fastest growing engineering firms with more than 800 project managers, engineers, technical experts and problems solvers across North America, McIntosh Perry is proud to be a Platinum Club Winner of Canada’s Best Managed Companies.
Our core values validate everything we have believed in since our company started:
Walk a mile in someone else’s shoes - Treat others as they would like to be treated
Make Momma proud - Do the right thing
Every McIntosh has a core - Be a leader
Pass. Shoot. Score. - Becoming excellent together
Did you dot the i’s and cross the t’s? - Personal responsibility
Don’t forget to cut the ribbon - Making a difference
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As a member of our Building Quality Assurance team, your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Perform comprehensive architectural design and building envelope shop drawing reviews;
- Assist builders and developers in addressing new construction methods, deficiencies or responding to claims of deficiencies;
- Perform on-site investigations of building cladding systems, roofs, underground parking garages and other structures to evaluate issues and develop reports for Builders, landlords and other stakeholders;
- Draft reports and communicate the results of reviews to the client, including meetings with clients as needed;
- Review reports and provide guidance to the group to assist in continuous improvement of our work;
- Respond to client requests for proposals, including drafting of proposals;
- Identify targets and meet new potential clients in support of our business development;
- Provide input, as required, on all aspects of the work in terms of an overall efficiency, creativity, technical knowledge and training to the group; and
- Performing other duties as assigned within the Building Services Group.
- Bachelor of Applied Science (College or University) in Building Science, Architectural Science, Civil/Structural Engineering;
- In depth knowledge of Building Science, Construction Systems and building assemblies;
- Over 5-7 years of experience in residential/commercial/industrial construction and building assessments;
- P. Eng. designation or working towards obtaining would be considered an asset;
- Building Science Specialist designation an asset;
- Comprehensive knowledge of building envelope systems;
- Experience in building envelope including roofing and waterproofing;
- Experience with field or lab testing of window and railing systems would be considered an asset;
- Good knowledge of high-rise residential construction and the Tarion warranty program;
- Health & Safety training requirements in construction projects would be considered an asset;
- Excellent verbal & written Communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to find positive solutions to complex and sensitive issues;
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities within a complex and growing organization;
- Proficient in MS Office Suite;
- Must have a valid G driver’s license/insurance to travel;
- Must be able to legally work in Canada at time of application.
Eligibility to Work in Canada - It is important that you are legally eligible to work in Canada at the time an offer of employment is made. You may be requested to provide proof of eligibility at that time.
McIntosh Perry is an equal opportunities employer offering a competitive salary and benefits to those with the skills suited to the needs of our clients.
McIntosh Perry welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
(Referral Code - Class A)
- Famille d'emplois Tech 5 Salary
- Type de paie Salaire
- Grand Toronto, ON, Canada
- Ottawa, ON, Canada