Senior Project Manager - Transportation and Bridges
Kingston, ON, Canada ● Ottawa, ON, Canada ● Woodbridge, Vaughan, ON, Canada Numéro de demande 82
7 novembre 2022
You didn't go to school to be a number in a big machine, so why work for one? By joining McIntosh Perry, you will be able to make an impact in the communities where you live and work. Our Core Purpose - Turning Possibilities Into Reality represents our commitment to solving problems, getting things done and moving forward through collaboration with clients and teams.
Our team's expertise, gained through decades of experience, means clients can rely on us to quickly deliver high-quality and successful projects.
As one of the country’s fastest growing engineering firms with more than 800 project managers, engineers, technical experts and problems solvers across North America, McIntosh Perry is proud to be a Platinum Club Winner of Canada’s Best Managed Companies.
Our core values validate everything we have believed in since our company started:
Walk a mile in someone else’s shoes - Treat others as they would like to be treated
Make Momma proud - Do the right thing
Every McIntosh has a core - Be a leader
Pass. Shoot. Score. - Becoming excellent together
Did you dot the i’s and cross the t’s? - Personal responsibility
Don’t forget to cut the ribbon - Making a difference
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
We are currently seeking a Senior Project Engineer to join our Transportation Structures Team, with a flexible work location anywhere in Ontario. Reporting to the Vice President Transportation Structures, the successful candidate will be the Overall Project Manager for projects for MTO and respected municipal clients. This position is responsible for managing and working on a wide range of transportation engineering projects including preliminary and detail design projects for bridge rehabilitations/replacements, interchange reconstructions, and associated works including pavement rehabilitation and traffic staging. Your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Developing and maintaining relationships with industry professionals, consultants and other business leaders;
- Acting as a project manager for MTO preliminary and detail design transportation projects;
- Providing mentorship, technical guidance, support, and oversight to other engineers and technical staff working on your projects;
- Preparing preliminary and detailed designs for ranging from freeways, urban and rural multi-lane and two-lane facilities, interchanges, and intersections;
- Assessing and presenting solutions to technical highway design challenges;
- Preparing technical reports and contract documents;
- Overseeing the preparation of design drawings, quantity estimates, and cost estimates;
- Ensuring that corporate and client QA/QC practices are completed on all projects;
- Coordinating with clients, approval agencies, utility companies, contractors, etc.; and
- Preparation of proposals, proposal/project work plans, schedules, budgets, and design fees.
- A university degree in Civil Engineering;
- Licensed as a Professional Engineer in Ontario (P.Eng.);
- 10+ years of progressive related experience in transportation design projects, including MTO design;
- Has developed an excellent reputation working with MTO and local municipalities;
- Experienced with project management and has worked in, or has an understanding of the consulting engineering environment;
- Thorough knowledge in Transportation Engineering including policies, regulations, guidelines and operational procedures;
- Demonstrated experience in preliminary and detail design work with proven design capabilities;
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team, with clients and other relevant stakeholders;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English;
- Strong attention to detail, problem-solving skills and ability to think creatively;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to work effectively independently or as part of a team; and
- Possess a valid driver’s license and have access to a vehicle with valid registration and insurance.
McIntosh Perry is an equal opportunities employer offering a competitive salary and benefits to those with the skills suited to the needs of our clients.
McIntosh Perry welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
- Kingston, ON, Canada
- Ottawa, ON, Canada
- Woodbridge, Vaughan, ON, Canada