Engineering - Civil - E4
The Power and Transportation group has an immediate opening for a Civil Engineer with 15 or more years’ experience in the design of large dams and appurtenant structures and a broad knowledge of other related disciplines, including dam safety reviews, and assessments. Having been on site assignments for hydro projects (domestically and internationally) is a plus.
Duties will include:
- Leading and collaborating with diverse teams of discipline engineers, designers and drafters from conceptual design through preliminary and final design and engineering
- Acting as a technical resource within their project team(s)
- Reporting progress to our clients and to our senior management at regular intervals
- Being a member of site visit teams, gathering information as required to complement the related design activities
- Communicating and collaborating with clients
- Complying with company established quality management systems throughout a project, and suggesting/implementing improvements when determined
- Travelling within Canada and internationally
If you are currently registered or eligible to be registered as a Professional Engineer in BC, have a Bachelor’s degree in hydrotechnical or civil engineering and have a minimum of 15+ years’ broad-based experience, we want to hear from you.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong technical knowledge and detailed design capabilities in civil engineering
- Ability to understand and interface with electrical, civil-structural, and mechanical design aspects and drawings of a project
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to work effectively with a multi-disciplinary team of professionals and with clients
- Proven record of project management and client management
- Effective verbal and written communications skills in English, with demonstrated competent report writing skills
- Computer proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite of products
- The capability to manage $1Million + projects
Are you up to the challenge?
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, simply apply on-line with your résumé.
- Famille d'emplois Engineers
- Fonction professionnelle Civil Engineer
- Type de paie Salaire
- Études requises Baccalauréat
- Broadway Tech Centre, 500-2955 Virtual Way, Vancouver, Colombie-Britannique, Canada