Regional Branch Manager, Customs Brokerage
This position is responsible for managing the day-to-day activities of the Regional Center, ensuring customs activities are performed in a compliant manner with all applicable government regulations and corporate policy. This individual is responsible for developing and monitoring department procedures, identifying staffing resources and meeting client requirements to obtain highest standard of quality. This role will also be responsible for directly interacting with our clients and developing our client base.
This position may require that the incumbent post their individual Brokerage License with CBP as District Permit Holder.
Key Responsibilities (Supervisory/Materials/Information)
· Perform managerial duties and administer the general operation of the office adhering to Company policy, procedures, goals and customs regulations.
· Supervise, direct and provide guidance to staff members including:
o reviewing data summary reports, unprocessed entries and other reports on a daily basis, and regulating workflow and overtime to ensure all entries are completed on time plus quality control.
o preparing, updating and communicating standard operating procedures based on corporate requirements.
o monitoring and completing staff performance and salary reviews and providing coaching for any performance issues.
o reviewing and approving attendance and managing staff schedules, ensuring there is adequate coverage at all times.
o developing staff and fostering growth by recognizing and facilitiating opportunities for education and training.
o Providing guidance and training to employees on procedures and complex problems.
· Plan objectives for the regional center and reviews operational targets to ensure that progress is made in regards to goals communicated by the corporate strategic plan and budgets.
· Establish sales leads for new accounts.
· Responding to client inquires, the manager will review service issues and find solutions. This individual may act as the main client service representative for certain accounts. He/she will meet with clients and communicate with their suppliers when necessary.
· Consult with clients or other departments regarding customs regulations, after hour releases, errors, service charges, etc.
· Handle telephone inquiries from clients and carrier on topics such as refunding service, tracing and following shipments, arranging delivery or shipment of documents, etc.
· Attends operational and other meetings on a regular basis to review overall progress and to gauge efficiency of procedures; manages follow up with appropriate adjustments.
· Maintain up to date on current and pending policies that will affect customs brokerage. Advise staff and clients of relevant changes.
· Alert and work closely with branch staff, clients or prospects on new compliance or regulatory issues.
· Any other duties as assigned by management or as necessary.
Education and Experience
· A valid U.S. Customs Brokerage License
· 3-5 or more years prior management experience within a brokerage and international freight forwarding operation
· Post-secondary degree preferred
· Experience in managing 24/7 port locations and Northern Border clearances would be preferred
· Working knowledge of CBP ACE environment.
· Experience with Blu-Jay software helpful.
· May need to post Individual License with CBP as District Permit Holder.
Competencies, Working Skills & Attributes
· Must have demonstrated knowledge of various government legislation, including but not limited to, legislation governing the importation of goods, employment and labor laws of New York, etc.
· Diplomatic and possess good communication and interpersonal skills to deal with high levels of interaction, both internally and externally
· Customer service orientated / professional attitude and approach
· Must be able to set, implement and manage strategic plans
· Must have superior administrative and managerial skills
· Must work well under time sensitive and stressful situations to meet deadlines
· Must have demonstrated knowledge of various PC based computer software and Microsoft Office products
Working Conditions, Mental Effort & Physical Requirements
· Self-motivated and able to work independently with no supervision.
· High level of accuracy is required when checking information, adding figures and reconciling documents.
· Concentration is required in balancing several tasks at one time.
· Must contend with sensitive, frustrating and confidential situations, time pressures and frequent interruptions that can lead to a high level of stress.
· Must be able to resolve personnel and workflow issues in an appropriate and timely fashion
· Concentration, alertness and attention is required while driving in a variety of road conditions and locations and for obeyance of driving rules when travelling
· Driving conditions can be frustrating when there is traffic congestion
· Must be willing to travel· Must have a valid passport
· Will be on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year
- Type de paie Salaire
- 300 Airborne Pkwy, Cheektowaga, NY 14225, États-Unis