Event Coordinator, Head Office in Banff
The Groups & Catering Coordinator provides administrative support to the events team. They are passionate about creating memorable events for our guests. The events coordinator is a key member of our Event & Groups team who work at our Head Office. The schedule is most often during a Monday – Friday Schedule with the occasional event outside of office hours. This is a great opportunity for someone who is planning to remain in Banff for 1 year or longer and grow their career in hospitality. If you have a can-do attitude and believe in fostering a supportive and fun work environment then you are the right person for us!
The right candidate embodies the Caribou spirit including:
- You are a fun, enthusiastic team leader
- Professional, accountable, flexible and responsive
- Outgoing personality with commitment to providing a high level of customer service
- An excellent communicator who is effective in choosing the communication tools and techniques in a time sensitive environment
- Is proficient using a computer and relevant software including MS Office Maestro (or another PMS)
- Has strong organizational skills and excellent attention to fine details
- The ability to maintain a light hearted, positive attitude in a fast-paced environment.
- A multi-tasker who works well independently and as a team member.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including some weekends and holidays. Travel may be required.
- Is fun and enjoys their work
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare files including contracts, room blocks, charge routing, BEO’s and templates.
- Prepare documents for meetings and special events
- Communicate via telephone, email and Zoom
- Property Site Inspections and meeting onsite with clients
- Follow up to event inquires and follow through with the sales and booking process
- Ensure group rooming lists are entered in a timely and accurate manner
- Assist with the administration of key group accounts and events
- Assist the sales team to sell rooms, event space and food & beverage services.
- Ensure booking information is efficiently and effectively communicated to all departments
- Ensure all group files are complete and ready to be passed to the hotels for event execution
- Update information on external web sites, such as Hotelplanner.com.
- Maintain sales kits to be distributed at hotels
- Prepare group invoice
- Communicate with Corporate Clients and Wholesalers for availabilities and rates, and create contracts.
- Other tasks and projects as required
This Position Offers
Employees working with Banff Caribou Properties enjoy excellent benefits, work / life balance and a fun culture at the office. There are many benefits to make living in the Bow Valley a bit more affordable such as the Employee Home Loan program and the Employee Share Ownership Program (where you can become an owner!). Some of the other great benefits that you would receive are:
- Full time, permanent employment at a competitive salary
- Anniversary bonus up to $1000
- 40% off food & 27% off beverage at 6 restaurants
- Complimentary hotel stays
- Excellent health & wellness programs; FREE yoga, FREE canoe and golf passes
- Discounted Lux movie tickets, spa services, retail shopping and ski passes
- Immediate health & dental benefit eligibility
- Help with immigration applications
- These are just a few of our Benefits! Check out the rest of our benefits here: https://blcemployees.com/benefits/
Apply today to learn more about the position and if Banff Caribou Properties is a fit for you
We're really glad that you are interested in this job and we look forward to reviewing your application. We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted. If selected for an interview please advise us if you require an accommodation. You can learn more about our great employee benefits & perks and what it means to work with an employee-owned company at banfflodgingco.com/jobs
Banff Lodging Co. is committed to building a workplace where everyone can succeed and belong. As a Signatory to the Bow Valley Workplace Inclusion Charter we continue to work on our ongoing commitment to build an even more diverse, equitable, and inclusive team environment.
We have employees from over 30 countries and are successful thanks to their diversity, talent, perspectives, and experiences. No employee will be treated differently based on race, religious beliefs, gender or age. We are working to eliminate barriers for applicants and team members from equity-seeking groups. If you can’t apply online or need an accommodation during the application or hiring process, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org or 403-760-8521.
- Grupo de puestos Sales and Marketing Salary
- Tipo de pago Salario
- 229 Bear St #300, Banff, AB T1L 1H8, Canadá