Vice President/Senior Vice President, Information Technology and Systems
Boston, MA, USA Req #138
Tuesday, January 3, 2023
Who We Are:
At Xenon Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:XENE), we are committed to providing a brighter future for patients suffering from neurological disorders. Our employees are smart, passionate, dedicated, and driven by their incredibly important work to discover, develop, and deliver innovative medicines for patients in need. We are looking for great people who thrive in a respectful, collaborative, inclusive, and productive culture to join the Xenon team.
What We Do:
We are advancing an exciting pipeline of neurology-focused therapies, with a focus on commercializing novel treatments for epilepsy. Building upon the positive results and compelling data from our XEN1101 Phase 2b “X-TOLE” study in adult patients with focal epilepsy, our XEN1101 Phase 3 program includes studies in adult patients with focal onset seizures and primary generalized tonic clonic seizures. In addition, XEN1101 is being evaluated as a treatment for major depressive disorder in both a company-sponsored Phase 2 clinical trial, as well as an investigator-led proof-of-concept study. Xenon's proprietary, pediatric formulation of ezogabine, XEN496, is being studied in a Phase 3 clinical trial in young patients with KCNQ2-DEE, a rare and severe form of childhood epilepsy. We are also proud of the leading-edge science coming out of our discovery labs, where many innovative, early-stage research programs are underway. In addition to these proprietary programs, our pipeline includes clinical-stage partnered programs with valued collaborators. Backed by a strong balance sheet to support our growth plans, we continue to build a fully integrated, premier neuroscience company with strong discovery, clinical development, corporate, and commercial operations.
About the Role:
About the Role:
We are seeking a Vice President/Senior Vice President, Information Technology and Systems to join our team to develop and execute against IT strategies, plans and systems implementations that support Xenon’s business strategy to become a fully integrated biopharmaceutical company. This role will lead all aspects of software platforms, systems and systems integrations; information technology support and infrastructure; and flow of data across systems while maintaining high standards of quality, security and privacy in accordance with applicable legislation, including US FDA 21 CFR Part 11 standards.
This position reports to the Chief Financial Officer and will be located in our Boston, MA, USA location.
- Develop, propose, and implement the Company’s overall information technology and systems strategy in accordance with business strategies and plans.
- Chair the IT Steering Committee, a team of business leaders, to facilitate discussion and decision-making on overall systems roadmap and project proposals.
- Develop and implement project management practices and support documentation to ensure close collaboration with business teams to develop needs analysis, system selection criteria, implementation plans (including timelines, budget and staffing), and project close out activities.
- Lead and manage the Company’s technology platforms, including the development of network infrastructure, storage, servers, databases, cloud computing, disaster recovery and backups, telecommunication, and IT vendor management.
- Define and execute a strong cyber security strategy, ensuring the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of all IT and data assets.
- Implement a robust business continuity strategy and ensure systems can meet capacity requirements and service level agreements, including availability, return to operations and recovery point objectives.
- Develop and manage all IT policies, procedures and controls in accordance with all applicable compliance and security requirements including US FDA 21 CFR Part 11 standards, SOX, PIPA, etc.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships across departments and maintain clear communications with the Senior Executive Team, cross-functional team leaders, and third-party providers.
- Oversee Infomatics and Help Desk departments and teams; oversee IT involvement on other Company committees, for example, Privacy.
- Develop and propose short and long term goals for the department in accordance with overall Company strategies and plans.
- Plan and manage budget proposals and approved budgets in accordance with the Company’s strategic and operating plans and Finance policies.
- Recruit, lead, direct, develop, coach and evaluate direct reports and department in accordance with the Company’s Human Resource policies and practices.
- Act in accordance with Company policies, including, for example, the Code of Business Conduct and Ethics and ensure policies are understood and followed by direct reports.
- Some international travel may be required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in information technology, information systems, computer science or related field.
- 15+ years of related experience including management of the function and its employees with at least 7 years in a commercial-stage, biotechnology or pharmaceutical company and public company experience.
- Experience working in an environment under FDA 21 CFR Part 11 standards and SOX requirements.
- Experience in end to end business processes
- Deep experience in IT infrastructure, cloud-based systems, cybersecurity, and applications across various functions.
- Extensive experience working in and supporting a Microsoft environment with O365.
- Extensive experience working cross-functionally, building collaborative working relationships and interfacing effectively with all levels of the business.
- Strong leadership, influencing, vendor management, project management, negotiation, organization, and planning skills.
- Ability to inspire trust, respect, credibility and confidence of peers and colleagues.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills that include excellent decision-making skills.
- Ability to work flexibly in a fast-paced environment with a strong work ethic and positive attitude.
- Ability to adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions and to cope effectively with complexity and change.
- Demonstrated ability to lead continuous improvements in business processes.
To apply for this position, click Apply Now to complete the application. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, due to the volume of applicants, only those chosen for interview will be contacted.