Senior Manager, QA & Technical Support
Hyundai Auto Canada Corp. ON, 75 Frontenac Drive, Markham, Ontario, Canada
Tuesday, August 9, 2022
Hyundai Auto Canada Corp. is headquartered in Markham, Ontario and is a subsidiary of Hyundai Motor Company of Korea. Hyundai markets a full line-up of vehicles in this country – from subcompact to premium sedans to sport utility and crossovers – and is committed to providing world-class, well-engineered products paired with a customer shopping and ownership experience that exceed expectations.
When Hyundai entered the Canadian market in 1983, it was the company’s first overseas subsidiary. Since that time, it has grown into one of the best selling automotive brands in Canada. Hyundai’s success can be attributed to the quality, safety, and design of its vehicles, which is reflected in numerous, high-profile awards they have recently won.
In this position you will be responsible to manage all activities relating to the quality assurance of the Company's product and the on-going management of technical support, field technical activities and the management of the Technical Research Center. Under your leadership and direction the Quality & Technical Support employees will support our dealer network across Canada with exceptional services that are aligned with a 'Best in Class' customer experience.
Team Member Leadership:
• QA and Tech Support Team member leadership
• Team member training/coaching
• Great Place to Work Initiatives and responsibilities
• Develop and establish systems/processes to ensure product quality and vehicle performance are analyzed effectively and efficiently.
• Prepare quality documentation and reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends including recommendations of counter measures.
• Manage effectively all levels of communication/feedback with other Hyundai subsidiary.
• Establish and maintain highly effective dealer communications relating to product deficiencies.
• Analyze warranty data, report and follow up with factory QA to provide satisfactory field actions.
• Evaluate recommendations for improving service procedures based on product field reports and impact analyses
• Manage the development of technical training curriculum, leveraging other Hyundai subsidiary's training program, with the objective of achieving "best in class" results.
• Oversee and manage all operations of the Technical Research Centre (TRC) to ensure smooth and efficient work flow
• Oversee and manage the operation of the Technical Hotline and ensure the optimum service level is provided to dealers along with timely guidance to ensure top ratings in FRFT metrics.
• Coach, develop and provide direction to Quality and Technical Support Staff
REQUIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
• Good knowledge of automotive industry
• Ability to lead, train and mentor a team
• Ability to demonstrate clear strategic thinking
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Excellent MS Office skills
• Vehicle technical knowledge
• Excellent organization and negotiation skills
• Excellent project management and presentation skills
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Completion of an undergraduate degree …or an equivalent combination of experience and education
• 10+ years of relevant experience in same or similar function.
Why join our team?
Our award-winning culture has been recognized through our Great Place to Work™ certification for the past 4 years. We have been able to achieve this not only thanks to the dedication and commitment of our team members to our business, but also through a variety of fun activities and opportunities throughout the year which allow us to build strong engagement! When you join Hyundai Auto Canada Corp., you will become part of an organization that promotes diversity, inclusion and overall well-being. We offer an excellent benefits package including RSP matching, flexible start times, maternity leave top up, an attractive vehicle-lease program, demo vehicles for Managers and education support.
The first round of candidates will be reviewed on or before August 19, 2022
We are committed to providing employees with an experience that will help them grow and develop professionally. Ideal candidates are self-starters, team players and thrive in a dynamic environment. If you are looking to build your career with a growing organization where you can use your knowledge, skills and talents, consider joining our team.
Hyundai Auto Canada Corp. is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. We are also committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities and their accessibility requirements. If you require accommodation during the interview process, please let us know and we will take all reasonable steps required to meet your accessibility requirements.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only candidates selected to proceed in the recruitment process will be contacted.