Hyundai Auto Canada Corp. is headquartered in Markham, Ontario and is a subsidiary of Hyundai Motor Company of Korea. Hyundai markets a full line-up of vehicles in this country – from subcompact to premium sedans to sport utility and crossovers – and is committed to providing world-class, well-engineered products paired with a customer shopping and ownership experience that exceed expectations.
When Hyundai entered the Canadian market in 1983, it was the company’s first overseas subsidiary. Since that time, it has grown into one of the best selling automotive brands in Canada. Hyundai’s success can be attributed to the quality, safety, and design of its vehicles, which is reflected in numerous, high-profile awards they have recently won.
Hyundai Auto Canada is one of the top brands in the country but we are not stopping there. We are driven to continually grow and evolve our successful brand. We need someone that can contribute and realize our Canadian aspirations even further. This position is to assist with the planning and execution of all corporate and consumer events including, but not limited to, the coordination, execution, budgetary management, and reporting of all initiatives across Canada. In this role, you will work cross-functionally with stakeholders from numerous departments and external vendors to ensure there is innovative ideas, stringent planning, and flawless execution of Hyundai Canada event initiatives.
· Assist in the development of events planning; including the preparation and briefing of vendors as well as internal teams whereby championing the process to ensure key stakeholders are informed, involved and engaged in delivering their respective responsibilities in order to produce a successful execution.
· Coordinate cross-functionally with internal marketing teams to ensure all elements surrounding event or initiative are on-track and supported.
· Work with Direct Marketing or CRM team to communicate with customers and prospects to attend our events.
· Work with Social Team to amplify our attendance at events and encourage participation and build our brand opinion. Liaise and work with current and potential vendors on event-related matters, pre-event, on-site, post-event.
· Coordinate with the Legal department on agreement conception and drafting to preparation for final approvals, as well as various reviews on any other legal matters (contesting, insurance, etc.).
· Coordinate vehicle displays for marketing and advertising events such as developing vehicle lists for approval, track shipping domestically and internationally with distribution team, ensure
vehicles are prepped for consumers, on-site management of vehicles.
· Assist in on-site execution including working with vendors to ensure optimal setup of physical execution and on-going upkeep, monitoring on-site staff and vehicle logistics/care, daily lead capture reporting and ensuring a successful event representing the brand at the highest level. On-site attendance during live events such as occasional weekends and evenings may be required. Travel to events may also be required.
· Continuously monitor and track event costs v. budgets, reviewing estimates for accuracy and challenging where necessary, creating purchase orders, processing invoices, ensuring program objectives are achieved while adhering to program budgets. Prepare ongoing snapshot reporting of budget v. forecast of individual projects as well as greater overall Events & Sponsorship budget for senior management.
· Maintain strong understanding of brand guidelines and products to ensure all materials adhere to these standards.
· Maintain and categorize Hyundai marketing inventory on a regular basis, both at the office and with our suppliers.
· Work with marketing and advertising agencies to evaluate all sponsorship opportunities and assist with the preparation of proposals for senior management.
· Assist with other marketing functions as required.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· Completion of College/and or University degree in events planning, marketing or communications …or an equivalent combination of experience and education
· 2-5 years of relevant experience in same or similar function being desirable.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
· Strong communication skills (both written and verbal).
· Excellent organizational skills, with an enhanced ability to multi-task.
· Strong project management skills including planning, reporting and execution completion at firm event deadlines.
· Attention to details to ensure all elements of an event are executed at the highest of standards and representing the brand effectively.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word).
· Good understanding and passion for the automotive and hospitality industries.
Why join our team?
Our award-winning culture has been recognized through our Great Place to Work™ certification for the past 4 years. We have been able to achieve this not only thanks to the dedication and commitment of our team members to our business, but also through a variety of fun activities and opportunities throughout the year which allow us to build strong engagement! When you join Hyundai Auto Canada Corp., you will become part of an organization that promotes diversity, inclusion and overall well-being. We offer an excellent benefits package including RSP matching, flexible start times, maternity leave top up, an attractive vehicle-lease program, demo vehicles for Managers and education support.
The first round of candidates will be reviewed on or before July 28, 2022.
Hyundai Auto Canada Corp. is committed to ensuring the health and safety of its team members during the Covid-19 pandemic. Remote work is temporarily available until it is deemed appropriate and safe for all staff to return to the office.
We are committed to providing employees with an experience that will help them grow and develop professionally. Ideal candidates are self-starters, team players and thrive in a dynamic environment. If you are looking to build your career with a growing organization where you can use your knowledge, skills and talents, consider joining our team.
Hyundai Auto Canada Corp. is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. We are also committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities and their accessibility requirements. If you require accommodation during the interview process, please let us know and we will take all reasonable steps required to meet your accessibility requirements.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only candidates selected to proceed in the recruitment process will be contacted.