We are looking for a Hydrotechnical Engineer with more than 5 years or more of related project experience in engineering hydrology and hydrotechnical engineering. You will use your exceptional technical skills to but also advance your career aspirations in a growing international enterprise.
You will be part of projects that encompass water resources, river engineering, and mine water management projects in the infrastructure, municipal, hydropower, oil sands and mining sectors.
You will be part of an expanding group of engineers in the UK with support from our award winning parent office in Alberta and advance your career in our “One Team Culture” that focuses on growing strong, collaborative teams committed to high quality project delivery. We value a winning attitude, continual learning and innovation, adaptability and flexibility, engagement, and having fun.
This role has the potential to be quite diverse and we are looking for someone with:
- Passion for continuous learning and drive toward long-term success.
- Strong inter-personal, leadership, and communication skills.
- Proven working relationship with clients and reputation for delivering quality work.
- Technical excellence, proven experience, and extensive first-hand analysis in conducting hydrology and hydraulic studies – experience in dam breach inundation modelling, hydraulic modelling, hydraulic structures, mine water management, and water balance modelling would be seen as an advantage.
- Experience in HEC-RAS, XPSWMM, HEC-HMS, GoldSim, Civil3D, and ArcGIS is a valued asset.
- Proven time management and organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to meet project schedules and budgets.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English including your demonstrated capabilities in writing proposals, technical reports, and construction specifications.
- Involvement on technical societies and associations.
- Strong business acumen and ability to develop contacts, market, and expand our business.
A Bachelor's degree or higher in Civil Engineering are prerequisites.
Klohn Crippen Berger Ltd. (KCB) is a multi-disciplinary consulting firm with five major business units providing engineering and environmental services in the mining, hydropower, transportation, ports, infrastructure, geotechnical, oil & gas, environmental, and water resources sectors. We offer a full range of services from our offices in North America, Australia, South America, and Europe.
From our offices in Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatoon and York (UK), our Alberta Group works on challenging projects in the Water, Power and Transportation, Oil Sands, Mining, and Oil and Gas market sectors.
KCB is a platinum member of Canada’s Best Managed companies. We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified career seekers. We offer professional career development tracks and salaries commensurate with experience and an attractive benefits package.
Are you up to the challenge?
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, simply apply on-line with your résumé and cover letter quoting the job reference number 140-A23
We thank all candidates for applying, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Job Family Engineers
- Pay Type Salary
- IT Centre, IT Centre, Suite S7/S8, York, York, United Kingdom