KCB Australia Pty Ltd (KCB) is a team of professionals whose passion is to provide solutions to our clients while reducing potential risks to the wider community and environment. Our clients are predominantly from the resources sector and we work on both Australian and International projects. KCB has opportunities for Mechanical Engineers to join our integrated and multi-disciplinary team based in either the Brisbane or Perth office. If you share our passion, please apply.
As a Mechanical Engineer, you will have the opportunity to work on large-scale world-class mining projects including the design and construction of tailings residue and waste storage facilities, water management structures (for example spillways, diversion channels, pipelines, etc.) and other associated infrastructure for the Mining and Energy Resources Sector. KCB continues to grow and has exciting projects which will allow you to challenge and grow your engineering skills. This role will provide you with interesting technical challenges and the opportunity to work closely with other talented professionals committed to delivering high quality engineering and geoscience services.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Contribute to multi-discipline projects by planning, designing, executing and interpreting mechanical work for domestic and international mine tailings transport systems, pump stations, heating ventilation and air conditioning systems pump stations
- Coordinate equipment layout with electrical and civil disciplines
- Undertake site investigations, construction monitoring, and inspection and safety certifications for existing large valves and gates
- Develop technical specifications, design basis memoranda and design reports.
- Carry out conceptual to detailed designs for mine infrastructure.
- Review vendor design documents
- Work in a wonderful company culture.
- Travel to interesting project sites.
Although we value previous experience, in-house training for modelling platforms and analytical tools will be provided.
If you possess a Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering and have a keen interest in mining and water dam projects we want to hear from you!
We value your:
- Working experience in mine tailings transport systems
- Preliminary and detailed engineering experience of process plants including the development of P&IDs
- Working knowledge of pump and piping system design, ASME piping codes
- Experience in stress analysis of pipe systems
- Knowledge of water treatment system design
- Basic knowledge of design of supports for pipes and ducts including seismic considerations
- Good computer skills, ideally including MSWord, Excel, Mathcad, and CAD software
- Ability to prepare detailed technical specifications
- Strong analytical skills and competent report writing skills
- CPEng, RPEQ would also be welcomed
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English; other languages are an asset
- commitment to quality and attention to detail
- work ethic
- initiative, motivation and drive toward long-term success
- ability to work autonomously and within multi-disciplinary teams
- flexibility in skillsets and experience
- ability to manage multiple tasks and demands running concurrently
- Willing and able to travel both domestically and internationally.
- Working for an Australian Business Awards Employer of Choice recipient (2015-2022)
- Competitive remuneration package commensurate with your qualifications and experience
- 2.5% Additional superannuation
- Income Protection Insurance
- Professional registration support
- Training and development opportunities
- Novated leasing (vehicle)
- Parental leave
- Flexible working arrangements
- Additional incentives may be available dependent on performance of the company, business unit and individual.
We are a global organisation committed to employment equity. We respect the uniqueness that makes you, you. We encourage applications from all qualified career seekers, regardless of gender, sex, religion, or nationality.
To learn more about projects you could be a part of check out Projects - KCB (www.klohn.com) and our Careers page for more details.
We thank all candidates for applying, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Job Family Engineers
- Pay Type Hourly
- KCB Australia Pty Ltd., Level 1, 154 Melbourne St, South Brisbane, Queensland, Australia