Are you looking for an opportunity to…
- Leave a positive impact on the environment and your community?
- Work in a close-knit group of motivated professionals?
- Be mentored and mentor others?
- Develop your critical thinking skills?
- Develop a career that provides a mix of field and office time, with potential opportunities for international travel?
Intrigued? Read on - the details of your next career adventure are below.
What makes us stand out?
Aren’t all consultancies the same? We don’t think so. Our tag line “Down to Earth / Up to the Challenge” says a lot about who we are. In broad terms we think KCB’s primary differentiators are:
- our global reputation for technical excellence;
- appetite to tackle problems with unique complexities;
- real access to some of the sector’s most amazing talent;
- our size (we’re a mid-sized consultancy);
- the breadth of our multi-disciplinary services; and
- our offices in some of the world’s most beautiful locations.
The right fit – it’s got to be mutual
We recognize that making a career move is a significant personal decision and, from our perspective, building a team of like-minded individuals is an important element to our success.
KCB Nanaimo is looking for someone interested in being part of our existing team whose focus is collaboration within multi-disciplinary project teams on a variety of large-scale, world-class projects involving the design, construction and operations for mining projects.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Work on a variety of projects that may include site characterization, slope stability, numerical modeling, foundation design, tailings dam design, embankment dams and earthworks design.
- Visit project sites, gathering information as required to complement design activities and get involved in site investigation and drilling programs, core logging, lab testing, instrumentation installations and monitoring, as well as data review and analysis.
- Work with diverse teams of multi-discipline engineers and designers from conceptual design through to construction.
- Receive ongoing guidance and mentorship from leaders in the industry in a supportive, dynamic company culture that supports career development.
- Travel to various project sites within Canada and internationally.
If you have a Bachelor's degree in Civil, Geotechnical or Geological Engineering, are registered, or are eligible to register as an Engineer-In-Training, and have more than 1 year of relevant experience, we want to hear from you!
We value your:
- Technical knowledge and experience in site exploration and civil/geotechnical design
- Ability to work with multi-disciplinary project teams
- Initiative, innovation and commitment to technical excellence
- Flexibility, adaptability and willingness to learn
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally, occasionally to remote environments with limited communication or logistical support
- Team spirit, interpersonal skills and ability to build long-term, successful relationships with our clients and project teams
- Exceptional time management, organizational, and communication skills
Along with continued career development, KCB offers:
- Hybrid work opportunities
- Annual performance and salary review
- PSMJ’s supported track record of profitability, leading to above average bonus payouts
- Vacation policy that aligns to your experience
- Paid OT, and wellness days
- Flexible benefits, including RSP, social, and mental well-being initiatives
- Commitment to global ESG standards
We are a global organization committed to employment equity. We respect the uniqueness that makes you, you. We encourage applications from all qualified career seekers, regardless of gender, sex, religion, or nationality.
To learn more about projects you could be a part of check out Projects - KCB (klohn.com) and our Careers page for more details.
- Job Family Engineers
- Pay Type Salary
- Klohn Crippen Berger, 2339A Delinea Place, Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada