Klohn Crippen Berger’s (KCB) Mining Environmental Group (MEG) in Nanaimo has an immediate opening for an Administrative Assistant. This a contract position that is part time, offering a minimum 16 hours per week for an 18-month term. Initiative, enthusiasm and commitment to technical excellence are all important qualities of our team members.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Provide general office support by:
- maintaining and ordering office supplies and equipment
- liaising with vendors and service providers
- organizing regular office inspections and following up on action items
- making arrangements for new employees, e.g., coordinating with IT
- coordinating office events, e.g., meetings and lunches
- Assist Project Teams by:
- typing, formatting, editing/proofing letters, memos, reports and other correspondence as required following KCB’s Quality Management System (QMS) standards
- using internal & external internet-based library sites such as Newforma & SharePoint for uploading and filing deliverables
- assembling reports and other documents for submission to clients and internal filing
- supporting travel logistics: flight/hotel/rental car bookings
- Assist staff with Health & Safety compliance and tracking of client-required training
- Coordinate various registrations for training, conferences, seminars, workshops, etc.
- Perform other duties as required
If you have an Administrative Diploma or at least 2 years of previous administrative experience, ideally in an engineering or professional services environment, we want to hear from you.
We value your:
- Well-organized, self-starter demeanor who sees a project through from start to finish
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Ability to proof and edit technical documents
- Appreciation for doing a job well, and in a timely fashion
- Strong MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat skills
- Typing speed of 60 wpm
- Friendly personality and the ability to work well with others and independently in order to meet deadlines
- Effective time management skills and the ability to prioritize conflicting priorities and manage work load
- High degree of attention to detail
Klohn Crippen Berger Ltd. (KCB) is a multi-disciplinary consulting firm with four major business units providing engineering and environmental services in the hydropower, transportation, ports, infrastructure, geotechnical, mining, oil sands, oil & gas, environmental, and water resources sectors. We offer a full range of services from our offices in Canada, Australia, Peru, the UK and US. Klohn Crippen Berger is a platinum member of Canada’s Best Managed companies.
We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified career seekers. We offer professional career development tracks, competitive salaries commensurate with experience and an attractive benefits package.
We are a global organization committed to employment equity. We respect the uniqueness that makes you, you. We encourage applications from all qualified career seekers, regardless of gender, sex, religion, or nationality.
To learn more about projects you could be a part of check out Projects - KCB (klohn.com) and our Careers page for more details.
- Job Family Administration & Office Services
- Pay Type Hourly
- Klohn Crippen Berger, 2339A Delinea Place, Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada