Geotechnical Engineers/Engineering Geologists
Klohn Crippen Berger is looking for Geotechnical Engineers / Engineering Geologists to join our rapidly expanding team in York, England and work on a range of projects typically related to design and assessment of water and tailings dams across the world. Vacancies are available at all levels from Graduate to more Senior positions.
KCB continues to be a leader in engineering, geoscience and environmental consulting and has an exciting future in several strategic markets in Europe, North America and further afield. In this role you will help us grow the York Office and advance your career in our One Team culture that builds strong, collaborative and focused teams who enjoy themselves throughout project delivery. We value a winning attitude, a hunger for learning and innovation, adaptability and flexibility, respectful engagement with our team and our client representatives, and a sense of fun.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Undertake a variety of engineering analysis and designs and contribute to practical solutions for challenging conditions.
- Contribute to project designs, writing technical reports, development of technical specifications and construction drawings and development of tender packages for major tailing dams, mine waste facilities, containment facilities and mine infrastructure projects.
- Build and develop strong relationships with our clients, our multidisciplinary project teams, sub-contractors and other project stakeholders.
- Work in a wonderful small company culture and receive on-going guidance and mentorship from leaders in the industry in a supportive, dynamic company culture that supports career development.
- Travel within Europe and to various international project locations.
If you have a working or educational background in one of the following or a related discipline, we want to hear from you:
- Civil Engineering
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Soil Mechanics
- Engineering Geology
We value your:
- Interest in soil mechanics, dam engineering, and field and laboratory testing methods.
- Strong initiative, innovation, and commitment to technical excellence as well as your enthusiasm and drive toward long-term success.
- Flexibility, adaptability, and willingness to learn and travel.
- Being able to work as part of an established team.
- Exceptional team spirit, interpersonal skills and your ability to build long-term, successful relationships with our clients and our project teams.
Klohn Crippen Berger Ltd. (KCB) is a multi-disciplinary consulting firm with five major business units providing engineering and environmental services in the mining, hydropower, transportation, ports, infrastructure, geotechnical, oil & gas, environmental, and water resources sectors. We offer a full range of services from our offices in North America, Australia, South America, and Europe.
From our offices in Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatoon and York (UK), our Alberta Group works on challenging projects in the Water, Power and Transportation, Oil Sands, Mining, and Oil and Gas market sectors.
KCB is a platinum member of Canada’s Best Managed companies. We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified career seekers. We offer professional career development tracks and salaries commensurate with experience and an attractive benefits package.
Are you up to the challenge?
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, simply apply on-line with your résumé and cover letter quoting the job reference number 94-A22.
We thank all candidates for applying, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Job Family Engineers
- Job Function Civil Engineer
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Job Start Date February 6, 2023
- IT Centre, IT Centre, Suite S7/S8, York, York, United Kingdom