As Project Accountant you will have the opportunity to work with a talented accounting team in support of KCB’s Alberta Business Unit. Reporting to the Team Lead - Accounting, this role will be responsible for a variety of project and business unit accounting functions in collaboration with other members of the finance and accounting team.
This role will also give you the opportunity to advance your career in our One Team culture that builds strong, collaborative and focused teams who enjoy themselves throughout project delivery. We value a winning attitude, a hunger for learning and innovation, adaptability and flexibility, respectful engagement with our team and our client representatives, and a sense of fun. KCB promotes inclusive and flexible work arrangements for its employees.
What you’ll be working on:
- Set up and maintain projects in accordance with company guidelines and relevant client contracts
- Review project transactions and accounts for accuracy and completeness, including sub charges, timesheets and expenses
- Review draft invoices for accuracy prior to submitting for Project Manager approval
- Produce invoices, credit notes and back up documentation
- Perform weekly review of work in progress and accounts receivable for projects
- Work closely with operations to produce project related reports and project estimates
- Coordinate and participate in monthly project review meeting
- Approve 3rd party invoices and employee expenses
- Accounts payable activities such as processing vendor invoices and internal charges, verification of credit card coding, batch preparation for approval and corporate review, and processing employee expense claims.
- Work directly with clients and vendors to ensure invoices are received, approved, and actioned
- Other related tasks as defined by the accounting team, such as journal entries, AR collections and bank deposits
- Assist with month-end closing
- Assist with annual external financial audit by preparing audit working papers
If you have a degree or diploma in Accounting with a minimum of 3 years of experience in project accounting and strong analytical skills, we want to hear from you!
We value your:
- Proficiency using project accounting systems such as BST Enterprise or similar systems
- Previous accounting experience with an engineering consulting company or similar professional services firm
- Advanced proficiency using MS Office products including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact collaboratively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, driven environment
- Ability to collaborate with other team members to meet deliverables and timelines
- Maintenance of the highest professional ethics and standards
Klohn Crippen Berger Ltd. (KCB) is a multi-disciplinary consulting firm with five major business units providing engineering and environmental services in the mining, hydropower, transportation, ports, infrastructure, geotechnical, oil & gas, environmental, and water resources sectors. We offer a full range of services from our offices in North America, Australia, South America, and Europe.
From our offices in Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatoon and York (UK), our Alberta Group works on challenging projects in the Water, Power and Transportation, Oil Sands, Mining, and Oil and Gas market sectors.
KCB is a platinum member of Canada’s Best Managed companies. We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified career seekers. We offer professional career development tracks and salaries commensurate with experience and an attractive benefits package.
Are you up to the challenge?
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, simply apply on-line with your résumé and cover letter quoting the job reference number 80-A23.
We thank all candidates for applying, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Job Family Finance & Accounting
- Pay Type Salary
- Job Start Date February 6, 2023
- Hopewell Place, 500 - 2618 Hopewell Place NE, Calgary, Alberta, Canada