Senior Electrical Power Engineer
Klohn Crippen Berger’s Power and Transportation Business Unit, based in Vancouver, provides engineering and environmental services through five integrated groups; Hydro, Marine, Transportation, GeoStructures and Resource Sector. The Power and Transportation Business Unit is seeking a Senior Electrical Power Engineer to join Klohn Crippen Berger and to participate in various utility, mining, and infrastructure projects. This position requires strong electrical design as well as project management/coordination skills.
This position offers an excellent opportunity within the company and to become a key member of our electrical, protection and controls design team. You will be a part of a dynamic company that strives to ensure both employee and client satisfaction through successful implementation of our clients’ projects.
Please apply by February 10, 2023 and include a cover letter with your application.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively participate in meetings with team members, project managers, as well as clients.
- Ensure objectives for project deliverables, budget and schedule are met and client expectations are fulfilled.
- Possess firm knowledge of mechanical and civil/structural interfaces with electrical designs.
- Write and review high-level technical deliverables such as design bases, methodologies, and design plans.
- Work closely with other team members to execute the overall project scope.
- Provide detailed technical review of designs and specifications for electrical, protection, and control equipment, with particular focus on the following:
- low/medium voltage switchgear and transformers
- motors and motor control centers,
- control panels and instrumentation,
- cable systems and grounding
- Knowledge of power generation equipment, protection systems, and/or software programming would be an asset.
- Perform and review engineering calculations and drawings based on CSA, IEEE, and NEMA standards as well as client requirements.
- Guide and mentor other team members.
- Ensure work is compliant with Klohn Crippen Berger’s Integrated Management System.
Skills and Qualifications:
- A recognised Professional Engineer, eligibility for registration in British Columbia.
- Minimum fifteen years progressive experience in electrical engineering design for utility and industrial projects.
- Understanding of regulatory design codes with particular emphasis on requirements for CSA, IEEE and NEMA standards.
- A good understanding of all phases of project development from concept through design and construction.
- Capable of understanding other engineering disciplines and how they fit together within a multi-discipline project team.
- Proven capabilities to work effectively in a team environment.
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills.
Requirements for employment with KCB
The successful candidate will possess a valid Class 5 British Columbia driver’s license, may be required to work in the field from time-to-time, and may be required to work on the following types of projects:
- Hydroelectric facilities, dams, and reservoirs
- Oil sands and Shale Gas energy projects
- Pipeline infrastructure
- Mining infrastructure including tailings disposal facilities
Klohn Crippen Berger Ltd. is a multi-disciplinary consulting firm with four major business units providing engineering, geoscience and environmental services in the infrastructure, mining, hydropower, transportation, ports, geotechnical, oil sands, oil and gas, environmental, and water resources sectors. We offer a full range of services from our offices in Canada, Australia and Peru. Klohn Crippen Berger is a platinum member of Canada’s Best Managed Companies.
Headquartered in beautiful Vancouver, British Columbia, Klohn Crippen Berger is involved in projects around the world supported by offices in Calgary and Edmonton, Alberta; Sudbury and Toronto, Ontario; Lima, Peru, and Brisbane and Perth, Australia. At Klohn Crippen Berger the project work is challenging and varied, and there are opportunities for travel (in Canada as well as internationally).
Klohn Crippen Berger’s Power and Transportation Business Unit provides multi-discipline engineering services for projects in a variety of market sectors. Our Engineering disciplines include civil, structural, geotechnical, mechanical, electrical, and hydrotechnical engineering, and environmental services.
- Our hydroelectric team performs all phases of design for hydroelectric projects for large utilities and smaller independent power projects.
- Our ports and harbours group is a leader in the development of major facilities on Canada’s coasts and internationally.
- Our structural team designs and rehabilitates; performs seismic analyses and design; and completes all elements of heavy industrial engineering.
- Our bridge engineering group designs new bridges, rehabilitates bridges, and performs construction engineering.
- Our mining design team is involved in a wide variety of projects including mine tailings for mineral and oil sands mining clients both in Canada and internationally.
We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified career seekers. We offer professional career development tracks, competitive salaries commensurate with experience and an attractive benefits package designed to suit your individual needs.
Are you up to the challenge?
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, simply apply online with your resume. We thank all candidates for applying, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Job Family Engineers
- Job Function Electrical Engineer
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Broadway Tech Centre, 500-2955 Virtual Way, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada