Human Resource Business Partner
Our People team at Klohn Crippen Berger (KCB) is growing and we are looking for a HR Business Partner to join our team. The position is based in Vancouver, and will report to the Director, Human Resources. As a HR Business Partner at KCB, you will have the opportunity to roll up your sleeves and use your expertise to add value on all People related matters from coaching and performance management to policy development and learning and development initiatives within a global organization. If you love the idea of being a trusted advisor to the business as well as getting the opportunity to work on a variety of high-priority people initiatives, then this role is for you!
- So what’s your role as a Human Resource Business Partner look like?
- Serve as a strategic HR Business Partner for business unit leaders; provide consultation, coaching and guidance on all HR related matters and initiatives for assigned client groups.
- Collaborate with other HR leaders in the company, engaging in collaborative information sharing, problem solving, and decision-making in the context of a seamless service delivery model.
- Support growth, innovation and change by participating in HR projects and initiatives related to HR strategies and achievement of broader KCB goals and objectives.
- Stay current on best practices and trends related to Canadian HR and employment legislation.
- This role is key in driving KCB culture and values. As you work with leaders and employees, you will build and cultivate positive, trust-based working relationships across your client groups at all levels.
- Who we are looking for:
- Minimum of 7+ years of experience in an HR business partner, advisor or consulting role
- Bachelor’s degree in business, human resources or a related field
- Ability to think creatively and understand there is not a one size fits all solution
- Strong attention to detail and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Resiliency to handle the unexpected, critical thinking, and analytical skills
- Strong ability to negotiate and influence at all levels of the organization as well as build and maintain credibility at all levels of the organization
- What will help you succeed:
- Proven ability to excel in a matrixed work environment and manage multiple competing priorities
- A combination of HR experience in the following areas: employee relations, performance management, learning and development, conflict resolution, talent acquisition, total rewards and business consulting
- You take ownership of your work and pride on getting things done
Klohn Crippen Berger Ltd. (KCB) is a multi-disciplinary consulting firm with four major business units providing engineering and environmental services in the hydropower, transportation, ports, infrastructure, geotechnical, mining, oil sands, oil & gas, environmental, and water resources sectors. We offer a full range of services from our offices in Canada, Australia, Peru, the UK and US. Klohn Crippen Berger is a platinum member of Canada’s Best Managed Companies.
Along with continued career development, KCB offers:
- Hybrid work opportunities
- Annual performance and salary review
- Vacation policy that aligns to your experience
- Wellness days
- Flexible benefits, including RSP, social, and mental well-being initiatives
- Commitment to global ESG standards
We are a global organization committed to employment equity. We respect the uniqueness that makes you, you. We encourage applications from all qualified career seekers, regardless of gender, sex, religion, or nationality.
- Job Family Business Services
- Pay Type Salary
- Broadway Tech Centre, 500-2955 Virtual Way, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada