Our Edmonton office has co-op/internship opportunities in the Civil or Geotechnical Engineering division for engineering technologist students starting May, 2023. These opportunities are available for either 8 or 12-month terms.
This role will give you an opportunity to:
- Work on a variety of transportation, power generation and mining projects, which will utilize your drafting and civil design abilities.
- Get involved in site investigation and drilling programs, core logging, lab testing, instrumentation installations and monitoring and data review and analysis.
- Build and develop strong relationships with multidisciplinary project teams, sub-contractors, clients, and other project stakeholders.
- Use your problem-solving ability to find innovative solutions to technical challenges.
- Receive on-going guidance and mentorship from leaders in the industry in a supportive, dynamic company culture that supports career development.
- Potential to travel to various project sites within Western Canada, primarily Alberta, Saskatchewan and British Columbia
- Currently enrolled in a recognized technologist program.
- Valid driver’s license
- Willingness to travel
- Eagerness to learn good engineering technology practice
Klohn Crippen Berger Ltd. (KCB) is a multi-disciplinary consulting firm with five major business units providing engineering and environmental services in the mining, hydropower, transportation, ports, infrastructure, geotechnical, oil & gas, environmental, and water resources sectors. We offer a full range of services from our offices in North America, Australia, South America, and Europe.
From our offices in Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatoon and York (UK), our Alberta Group works on challenging projects in the Water, Power and Transportation, Oil Sands, Mining, and Oil and Gas market sectors.
KCB is a platinum member of Canada’s Best Managed companies. We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified career seekers. We offer professional career development tracks and salaries commensurate with experience and an attractive benefits package.
Please apply in writing by submitting your resume and cover letter indicating which length of term (8 or 12-month).
- Job Family Technicians
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Internship
- Job Start Date May 1, 2023
- Cassel Centre, 109, 4208 - 97 Street NW, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada