Mine Closure Specialist
KCB Australia Pty Ltd (KCB) is a team of professionals whose passion is to provide solutions to our clients while reducing potential risks to the wider community and environment. Our clients are predominantly from the resources sector and we work on both Australian and international projects. KCB has ambition to be the provider-of-choice for mine closure solutions by leveraging off our world-leading reputation for mine waste management (tailings and waste rock), surface water management, hydrogeology, and geochemistry. To achieve our ambition (and support you in achieving yours), KCB needs your help as a senior- to principal-level engineer or scientist to fill the role of Mine Closure Specialist based within our Brisbane, Perth, and/or Newcastle offices. If you share our passion and ambition, please apply.
KCB offers you an increasingly rare opportunity in the consulting world to be part of a team that is small enough for all faces to be familiar yet big enough to tackle some of the most complex engineering and geoscience problems facing the mining industry. At KCB you will become an integral part of a highly-experienced, industry-leading team which has an average of over 15 years professional experience.
As a Mine Closure Specialist, you will lead and support delivery of mine closure projects with support from KCB’s multi-disciplinary skillset.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Apply your knowledge and experience in mine closure planning including a comprehensive understanding of the content and limitations of relevant guidelines and codes of practice;
- Manage projects, lead multidisciplinary project teams and mentor junior engineers
- Coordinate and manage the development and implementation of multi-disciplinary closure plans, studies and projects;
- Identify and pursue opportunities for developing the mine closure solutions business;
- Develop scopes and proposals for complex closure plans, studies and projects;
- Build closure planning capability within KCB through mentoring and supporting team members; and
- Apply and contribute to leading research and emerging technology within the practice of closure planning.
If you are registered, or can register, with your professional body, have a Bachelor's or Master’s degree in an applicable field of engineering or science and a minimum of 10 years of related experience in the energy, mining or related industries, we want to hear from you! Experience within Australia is preferred.
We value your:
- Extensive experience in delivery of mine closure planning and implementation scopes;
- Demonstrated leadership, project management, decision-making and coaching skills, especially your ability to train and mentor young professionals
- Passion for business development, strategic business planning, particularly in developing and growing a team.
- Strong initiative, innovation and commitment to technical excellence as well as your enthusiasm and drive toward long-term success
- Ability and willingness to engage remotely with teams in offices around Australia and overseas and to work autonomously
- Superior verbal and written communication skills including your experience in writing proposals, technical reports and general project correspondence
- Exceptional team spirit, interpersonal skills and your ability to build long-term, successful relationships with our clients and our project teams
KCB is a multi-disciplinary consulting firm providing engineering, geoscience and environmental services globally to the mining, hydropower, environmental, transportation, geotechnical, oil & gas, and water resources sectors. We offer a full range of services from our offices in Australia, Canada, USA, UK, Brazil and Peru.
Our Australian operations work on challenging projects in the Mining, Energy and Government Sectors both domestically and internationally. We are a global leader in tailings management, dam designs, multi-disciplinary civil engineering services, geotechnical and foundation engineering, hydrogeology, hydrotechnical, and environmental and reclamation services.
We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified career seekers. We offer competitive salaries (including 13% superannuation) commensurate with experience and an attractive flexible benefits package designed to suit your individual needs. KCB is an Australian Business Awards Employer of Choice recipient (2015-2022).
Are you up to the challenge?
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, simply apply on-line with your résumé and covering letter.
We thank all candidates for applying, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Job Family Scientists
- Pay Type Hourly
- KCB Australia Pty Ltd., Level 1, 154 Melbourne St, South Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
- KCB Australia Pty Ltd., Suite 4 – 7 Ventnor Avenue, West Perth, Western Australia, Australia