Intermediate Civil Engineer
Are you looking for an opportunity to…
- Leave a positive impact on the environment and your community?
- Work and live in a close-knit community?
- Be mentored and mentor others?
- Develop your critical thinking skills?
- Develop a career that provides a mix of field and office time, with potential opportunities for international travel?
- Work with a talented team of world recognized engineers?
Intrigued? Read on - the details of your next career adventure are below.
What makes us stand out?
Aren’t all consultancies the same? We don’t think so. Our tag line “Down to Earth / Up to the Challenge” says a lot about who we are. Our staff are inquisitive, curious and dedicated to solving complex problems and our size allows us to draw on colleagues across the globe just as easily as if they were across the hall. In broad terms we think KCB’s primary differentiators are:
- our global reputation for technical excellence;
- appetite to tackle problems with unique complexities;
- real access to some of the sectors’ most amazing talent;
- our size (we’re a mid-sized consultancy); and
- the breadth of our multi-disciplinary services.
The right fit – it’s got to be mutual
We recognize that making a career move is a significant personal decision and, from our perspective, building a team of like-minded individuals is an important element to our success.
KCB Sudbury is looking for someone interested in being part of our existing team whose focus is: collaboration within multi-disciplinary project teams for the delivery of construction projects; development and mentorship of each other in construction management and quality assurance; delivery of high-quality geotechnical services; and building and sustaining excellent client relationships.
If you have between 5 and 10 years’ experience in civil or geotechnical engineering and want to be part of a highly motivated group that works with clients to achieve their objectives, while leaving a positive impact on the environment and local communities then KCB is what you are looking for. We are particularly interested in candidates with experience in: slope stability and seepage analysis; dam design; earthworks and construction; site investigation; laboratory testing of soils and rock; and quantity estimation. Our clients are primarily mining so past mining experience, specifically related to tailings dams, would be an asset.
Our focus is on the application of critical thinking to the management of mine waste and water and our clients are some of the largest mining companies in the world. The right candidate will show flexibility and be energized by the prospect of working on sites all around the world. Registration as a Professional Engineer in Ontario, or eligibility to register, is a prerequisite.
Join us and you’ll find we really DO value your mining and tailings management knowledge, project management skills and experience.
Along with continued career development, KCB offers:
· Hybrid work opportunities
· Annual performance and salary review
· PSMJ’s supported track record of profitability, leading to above average bonus payouts
· Vacation policy that aligns to your experience
· Paid OT, and wellness days
· Flexible benefits, including RSP, social, and mental well-being initiatives
· Commitment to global ESG standards
We are a global organization committed to employment equity. We respect the uniqueness that makes you, you. We encourage applications from all qualified career seekers, regardless of gender, sex, religion, or nationality.
To learn more about projects you could be a part of check out Projects - KCB (klohn.com) and our Careers page for more details.
- Job Family Engineers
- Job Function Civil Engineer
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Richmond-Adelaide Centre, Suite 801 – 120 Adelaide Street West, Toronto, Ontario, Canada