Senior Civil/ Geotechnical Engineer
Do you …
- Want to play a leading role in the growth of KCB Sudbury office?
- Want to lead teams in the design of tailings dams?
- Thrive in the application of critical thinking when solving problems?
- Leave a positive impact on the environment and your community?
- Like solving complex problems and thinking “out of the box”?
- Want to be part of a highly motivated team where relationships matter?
- Enjoy being supported by and working with world recognized engineers?
- Like being part of a close-knit community?
Intrigued? Read on - the details of your next career adventure are below.
Our team is focused on working with clients and colleagues to achieve their objectives, while leaving a positive impact on the environment and local communities. We specifically focus on the application of critical thinking as it applies to the management of mine waste and water, and our clients are some of the largest mining companies in the world.
The right candidate has extensive experience in civil or geotechnical engineering and wants to take a leadership role in the development of a group of highly motivated individuals. You will show flexibility and be energized by the prospect of working on mining sites all around the world. Join us and you’ll find we really DO value your mining and tailings management knowledge, project management skills and experience.
The right fit – it’s got to be mutual
Making a career move is a significant personal decision, and from our perspective, building a team from individual talents is an important element to our success.
KCB Sudbury is looking for someone that has the following:
- Interest in taking a leadership role in tailings dam design
- Positive quality, health, safety and environmental leadership
- Ability to lead multi-disciplinary project teams for the delivery of construction projects
- Can develop and mentor others in construction management and quality assurance
- Delivered high-quality geotechnical services in the mining sector; and built and sustained excellent client relationships
- Registration as a Professional Engineer in Ontario, or eligibility to register, is a prerequisite
What makes us stand out?
Aren’t all consultancies the same? We don’t think so. One of our tag lines “Down to Earth / Up to the Challenge” says a lot about who we are. Our staff are inquisitive, curious and dedicated to solving complex problems and our size allows us to draw on colleagues across the globe just as easily as if they were across the hall. In broad terms we think KCB’s primary differentiators are:
- our global reputation for technical excellence
- appetite to tackle problems with unique complexities
- real access to some of the sectors most amazing talent
- our size (we’re a mid-sized consultancy)
- the breadth of our multi-disciplinary services
Are you up to the challenge?
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, simply apply on-line with your résumé. We support, accommodate, and are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified career seekers. We thank all candidates for applying however only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
- Job Function Civil Engineer
- Pay Type Salary
- 1361 Paris Street, Unit 101, 1361 Paris Street, Sudbury, Ontario, Canada