Are you looking for a rewarding career in the shipbuilding industry? Do you want to work for a well-managed company that puts people first? If you are looking for a career that’s more about making a life than simply making a living, then come aboard the Genoa team! Genoa Design International is currently recruiting a Planning Manager to join our Project Management Team!
WHO WE ARE
Genoa Design International has been providing production design and 3D modeling services to shipbuilding and offshore industries from here in Newfoundland and Labrador since 1995. In that time, we’ve become one of the most sought-after production design firms in the North American shipbuilding market.
With collaboration as the cornerstone of our work, we approach every day with a focus on our core values: Put People First, Create Lasting Relationships, Make a Difference, Own It, Live Well, and Never Stand Still. Our customers tell us that our employees’ everyday demonstration of our values sets Genoa apart from competitors.
With a team of more than 250 designers, engineers, naval architects, administrators, and technical support staff dispersed between locations, Genoa provides expertise and dedicated support throughout the shipbuilding process. Currently, Genoa is active in major government initiatives such as Canada’s National Shipbuilding Strategy (NSS) and in commercial contracts in shipyards throughout North America.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As a Planning Manager at Genoa, you are a key leader within the Project Management Office (PMO). You will support successful project delivery through planning excellence, support Project Leadership and executive decision making through translation of planning data into business intelligence. You will define and be accountable to develop planning related corporate Standards, Processes & Procedures. With strong leadership skills, you will coach, mentor, and grow a team of planners who support individual project delivery.
As a Planning Manager, responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Developing and maintaining corporate standards, procedures, and tools related to Planning.
- Supporting and guiding PMO and project teams through growth into execution of larger, more complex, and increasingly concurrent projects.
- Adopting and implementing planning best practices and “best in class” methods and strategies.
- Mentoring, coaching and career development for team of planners.
- Ensuring alignment and adherence to client and / or contractual planning and data requirements.
- Supporting Project Leadership Teams (ProLT) in development and deployment of project specific planning related Processes, Procedures, and Tools.
- Providing SME guidance to the Planning Team, supporting day to day planning and reporting activities.
- Serve as primary interface and single point of contact between Planning and other corporate Functional Groups in way of resource demand projection – the Finance Department.
- Ensuring consistency and accuracy of planning across organization.
- Translation of planning data into business intelligence to drive project and business decision making.
- Supporting Planning Team as required providing backfill coverage, support during critical planning exercises.
- Critically analyze existing planning processes, procedures and tools and lead process improvement initiatives.
- Support Business Development during estimating and planning of future potential opportunities and bids.
- Drive solutions to reduce and eliminate any gaps in plans preventing meeting schedule.
- Prepare reports for all planning activity metrics and analyze all results to recommend required improvements in performance Communicates with other managers, supervisors, and colleagues throughout project.
- Drive the required business analysis and related process for making recommendations for new or improving performance opportunities.
Responsible for management and oversight of the resource demand vs capacity process across all projects. You will flag issues, provide recommendations, and escalate as needed to ensure resourcing needs can be met in order to support successful project delivery.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED IN YOUR TOOLKIT
- The ideal candidate has a minimum of 15 years progressively responsible experience in Planning, with a minimum of 5 years in a Planning or Project Controls Management role.
- Experience managing shared resources across multiple concurrent schedules.
- Extensive, SME level planning experience in Primavera P6 in an Engineering or Construction environment, preferably on large, multi-year projects.
- Experience interfacing internal schedules with client Integrated Master Schedules.
- Experience developing corporate or project planning Processes, Procedures and Tools.
- Experience leading and mentoring teams of planners and / or project controls specialists.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and critical thinking.
- Highly developed problem-solving skills.
- PMP designation is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of a shipyard fabrication environment would be an asset.
Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE WORKING WITH US
We’re making waves! Genoa’s powerhouse is our people who are both passionate about our projects and motivated to deliver superior results. The Genoa formula is simple: Put People First. Drive the 3D Model. And never, ever stand still. Our quest for quality and continuous improvement is at the heart of all we do.
At Genoa, we take caring for our people seriously! We’re committed to creating and maintaining a 5-star workplace. Here are some of the ways we keep the pep in our step:
- Attractive compensation package.
- RRSP matching program.
- Comprehensive group insurance plan and EFAP program.
Vacation and discretionary days.
BUT WAIT … THERE’S MORE
- A flexible work schedule.
- Modern, yet comfortable office space.
- Stocked kitchen.
- Delicious catered lunches from local businesses and treat trolley,
- Engaging team building activities.
- Stretch breaks — because who wants to sit at a desk all day?
- Rewards and recognition for a job well done.
- An employee wellness program to spend on whatever makes you happy.
- A minimum of 8 volunteer hours each year to support causes that matter to you and community engagement opportunities.
An outstanding commitment to training, development, career growth & opportunity with our award-winning in-house Academy; offering advanced technical training along with the diverse soft skills needed to stay ahead of the curve and confident in your role.
EMBRACING A SEA OF DIFFERENCES
At Genoa Design, we strive to create a supportive and inclusive environment and are committed to ensuring that our people feel comfortable to be their truest selves at work. This commitment is built into our core values and our passion to embrace a person’s unique abilities, strengths, and differences.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that is dedicated to building a diverse team and promoting a sense of belonging. We achieve this through encouraging our people to voice their ideas and opinions, celebrating one another’s contributions, and engaging with the communities in which we live and industries we serve.
Please submit your application through Genoa’s careers webpage: https://genoadesign.com/careers/
If you require assistance in completing your application or need any accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please email your request to email@example.com and we would be happy to assist!
- Pay Type Salary
- 15 Dundee Ave, Mount Pearl, NL A1N 4R6, Canada