Computer Support Specialist
Are you looking for a rewarding career in the shipbuilding industry? Do you want to work for a well-managed company that puts people first? If you are looking for a career that’s more about making a life than simply making a living, then come aboard the Genoa team! Genoa Design International is currently recruiting for a Computer Support Specialist to join our Information Technology Team!
The IT department is an integral part of Genoa, we help the company as a whole run smoothly and efficiently. Serving as the foundation of technology for the company, we look at things such as Data Management, PC Security, Wi-fi and Server Maintenance all the way down Designer Hardware needs and PC Maintenance. As a foundational department, we are accountable for the vitality and security of backend infrastructure and to provide front-line support to users with a customer-focused approach. By driving continuous improvement of processes and technologies, the IT department enables Genoa to stay agile by empowering design and operations teams to reach their goals.
WHO WE ARE
Genoa Design International has been providing production design and 3D modeling services to shipbuilding and offshore industries from here in Newfoundland and Labrador since 1995. In that time, we’ve become one of the most sought-after production design firms in the North American shipbuilding market.
With collaboration as the cornerstone of our work, we approach every day with a focus on our core values: Put People First, Create Lasting Relationships, Make a Difference, Own It, Live Well, and Never Stand Still. Our customers tell us that our employees’ everyday demonstration of our values sets Genoa apart from competitors.
With a team of more than 250 designers, engineers, naval architects, administrators, and technical support staff dispersed between locations, Genoa provides expertise and dedicated support throughout the shipbuilding process. Currently, Genoa is active in major government initiatives such as Canada’s National Shipbuilding Strategy (NSS) and in commercial contracts in shipyards throughout North America.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As a Computer Support Specialist, responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Provide excellent customer service and support to local and remote users
· Troubleshoot software and hardware configuration problems
· Update tickets in a timely, efficient, and detailed manner
· Efficiently respond to escalated issues
· Provide technical assistance and training to users and colleagues
· Support continuous improvement across the business
· Work effectively with vendors, partners, and service providers to resolve issues
· Ensure the accuracy and integrity of the asset/software management data
· Research potential technology solutions to meet business needs
WHAT YOU’LL NEED IN YOUR TOOLKIT
· 5 years' experience in a similar IT role
· Degree or Diploma in related field or equivalent work experience
· Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills
· Be calm and positive in a deadline driven environment
· Great interpersonal and relationship building skills
· You value learning and growth
· Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, and manage stakeholders
· Certifications in Network+, ITIL, and Microsoft technologies are an asset
WHY YOU’LL LOVE WORKING WITH US
We’re making waves! Genoa’s powerhouse is our people who are both passionate about our projects and motivated to deliver superior results. The Genoa formula is simple: Put People First. Drive the 3D Model. And never, ever stand still. Our quest for quality and continuous improvement is at the heart of all we do.
At Genoa, we take caring for our people seriously! We’re committed to creating a 5-star workplace. These are some of the ways we keep the pep in our step:
· Attractive compensation package.
· RRSP matching program.
· Comprehensive group insurance plan and EFAP program.
· Vacation and discretionary days.
BUT WAIT … THERE’S MORE
· A flexible work schedule.
· Modern, yet comfortable office space.
· Stocked kitchen.
· Delicious catered lunches from local businesses and treat trolley.
· Engaging team builder activities.
· Stretch breaks — because who wants to sit at a desk all day?
· Rewards and recognition for a job-well done.
· An employee wellness program to spend on whatever makes you happy.
· A minimum of 8 volunteer hours each year to support causes that matter to you and community engagement opportunities.
· An outstanding commitment to training, development, career growth & opportunity with our award-winning in-house Academy; offering advanced technical training along with the diverse soft skills needed to stay ahead of the curve and confident in your role.
EMBRACING A SEA OF DIFFERENCES
At Genoa Design, we strive to create a supportive and inclusive environment and are committed to ensuring that our people feel comfortable to be their truest selves at work. This commitment is built into our core values and our passion to embrace a person’s unique abilities, strengths, and differences.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that is dedicated to building a diverse team and promoting a sense of belonging. We achieve this through encouraging our people to voice their ideas and opinions, celebrating one another’s contributions, and engaging with the communities in which we live and industries we serve.
- Pay Type Salary
- Genoa Design International, 117 Glencoe Drive, Mount Pearl, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada