Dispatcher - Kitchener
Flanagan Foodservice is Canada’s largest independent foodservice distributor. Proudly Canadian and family owned, we have been serving Ontario for 45 years. We meet our customers' unique needs by delivering value, flexibility and an exceptional customer experience. This mission is made possible by attracting the best talent in the industry and by treating our employees like family. Distinguished as one of Canada's Best Managed Companies for 9 consecutive years!
Join our winning Transportation team! Now hiring a full time, Dispatcher for the Night Shift located in Kitchener, ON!
- Competitive compensation package
- Pension and RRSP plans
- Comprehensive Flexible Benefits
- Paid Personal Days and Your Birthday!
- Family-oriented culture
What it’s all about:
You are an experienced service professional who is comfortable dealing with multiple priorities and needs. You take a collaborative approach to working with other departments to ensure we are on track with our deliveries. You follow up and communicate while delivering service excellence.
What you’ll do:
- Provide support to driver groups for Kitchener and Whitby branches
- Maintain and report KPI metrics required by other departments
- Support the strategy goal of safety within the organization
- Provides support to Driver Payroll Administration
- Maintain and process DVIRs and Drivers Daily Logs
- Update systems for Payroll
- Complete service calls as required to allow drivers to complete the deliveries
- Backhaul coordination and Appointment booking
- Other duties as assigned
What we need:
- 2-3 years’ experience within Transportation Industry or similar role required;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required;
- Ability to support tight deadlines, and work effectively in stressful situations;
- Strong organization skills and ability to multi-task required;
- Previous experience supporting Dispatch and Driver Payroll preferred;
- Strong computer skills and experience using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) required
- Previous experience using Transportation/Logistics systems preferred
- Post secondary education in Transportation/Logistics preferred;
Schedule: Night Shift, flexibility required to support weekends on occasion
Availability: Monday – Friday, 12:30 am – 9:00 am
Be part of the Difference!
- Pay Type Salary
- Kitchener, ON, Canada