Warehouse Associate, Whitby Afternoon and Nights
Flanagan Foodservice is Canada’s largest independent foodservice distributor. Proudly Canadian and family owned, we have been serving Ontario for 45 years. We meet our customers' unique needs by delivering value, flexibility and an exceptional customer experience. This mission is made possible by attracting the best talent in the industry and by treating our employees like family. Distinguished as one of Canada's Best Managed Companies for 9 consecutive years!
Join our Warehouse team! Now hiring a Warehouse Associate for one of Canada's Best Managed Companies on the afternoon and midnight shifts!
What it’s all about:
This position requires a dedicated individual who thrives in a physically demanding and challenging role. The Warehouse Associate will be responsible for meeting daily standards while performing a variety of different functions within the warehouse. Following all safety standards, high performance and ensuring customer satisfaction will all be required to be successful in this role.
What You'll Do:
- All warehouse functions including shipping, receiving, restocking, order picking, selecting, loading/unloading;
- Operating an End Rider, with the potential to be cross-trained on Reach Truck and Lift Truck;
- Housekeeping & recycling, minor maintenance;
- Safekeeping of company equipment and product, maintaining safety of yourself and those around you;
- End of day task follow up;
- A willingness to ensure customer satisfaction;
- Must demonstrate an adherence to all HACCP and Food Handling practices.
What we offer you:
- $21.00 an hour to start
- Competitive compensation package - earn up to $25.00/hour!
- Shift premiums and freezer premium - earn up to an additional $2.00/hr (if applicable)
- Pension and RRSP plans
- Profit Sharing Program
- Comprehensive Flexible Benefits
- Paid Personal Days and Your Birthday!
- Annual Health & Wellness Benefits
- Family-oriented culture
- Coming Soon - Dayforce Now Wallet. Easy access to money earned!
What we need:
- Experience, and/or training within a warehouse environment, and with WHIMIS, food safety, lifting techniques, and Material Handling Equipment is an asset;
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) & strong customer service manner;
- Ability to work in multiple environments including colder climates - refrigerated and freezer areas;
- A good attitude, and a Team Player with respect for co-workers and customers;
- Be physically fit to lift heavy product consistently (up to 40kg) and enjoy an active career;
- Must have a flexible schedule working either Sun - Thurs 2:30pm - 11:00pm or 11:00pm - 7:30am and be open to working weekends and statutory holidays. End time may change based on workload.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Whitby, ON, Canada