Chief Refrigeration Operator
Flanagan Foodservice is Canada’s largest independent foodservice distributor. Proudly Canadian and family owned, we have been serving Ontario for 45 years. We meet our customers' unique needs by delivering value, flexibility and an exceptional customer experience. This mission is made possible by attracting the best talent in the industry and by treating our employees like family. Distinguished as one of Canada's Best Managed Companies for 9 consecutive years!
Shift: Monday – Friday 7:00am – 3:30pm
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Pension and RRSP plans
- Profit Sharing Program
- Comprehensive Flexible Benefits
- Paid Personal Days and Your Birthday!
- Family oriented culture
What it's all about:
The Working Chief Refrigeration Operator will be responsible for safe and reliable operation of the refrigeration system in accordance with TSSA rules and regulations as well as maintaining building auxiliary functions. Responsibilities are highly diversified and include installation, troubleshooting, repair and maintenance of equipment to support the warehouse in a professional, timely and cost effective manner.
What you'll do:
- Providing scheduled and unscheduled repairs of equipment, machines, facilities and grounds including but not limited to dock doors, dock plates, minor floor repairs, HVAC, roll up doors, fire alarm systems, generators, fire pumps, and refrigerant detection and security systems;
- Operating refrigeration system as per TSSA regulations;
- Update Maintenance records as work is completed and keep documentation in an audit ready state;
- Complete spare parts inventory and update Operations Manager;
- Ordering and maintaining proper inventory of materials, supplies and equipment;
- Working with outside contractors to ensure that safety and security requirements are adhered to at all times;
- Scheduling Refrigeration Operator Staff.
What we need:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in the operation and maintenance of buildings;
- Class B Refrigeration Certificate or 3rd Class From TSSA in good standing;
- Must have working knowledge of HACCP and safe food handling and distribution practices;
- Must be comfortable reading Blueprints and Schematics;
- Experience with Raymond End Rider, Reach truck, Counterbalance, Scissor Lift and Order Picker is preferred;
- Comfortable working at heights, in a multi-temperature environment, and able to safety lift up to 40kg;
- High school diploma/GED required, College diploma or Bachelor's degree in maintenance preferred;
- Knowledge of local, provincial and federal workplace compliance regulations, ordinances and legislation;
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with little supervision and be comfortable making decisions as they arise;
- Proven ability to multi-task, problem solve and manage calmly in stressful situations.
Be Part of the Difference!
- Pay Type Salary
- Kitchener, ON, Canada