Continuous Improvement Project Manager
Flanagan Foodservice is Canada’s largest independent foodservice distributor. Proudly Canadian and family owned, we have been serving Ontario for 45 years. We meet our customers' unique needs by delivering value, flexibility and an exceptional customer experience. This mission is made possible by attracting the best talent in the industry and by treating our employees like family. Distinguished as one of Canada's Best Managed Companies for 9 consecutive years!
We are hiring a Continuous Improvement Project Manager in Kitchener!
What it’s all about:
The Continuous Improvement Project Manager will lead project management initiatives across the organization, utilizing continuous improvement methodologies including Six Sigma to create operational efficiencies and business improvements. This will include oversight of all projects; leadership of the coordination and completion of projects, establishing and meeting deadlines, assigning responsibilities and project teams, monitoring project progress, and providing project status reports to senior management and leaders. This role will work directly with internal, external, and third party/vendor resources to ensure projects are completed within established budgets and established time frames.
What you’ll do:
- Lead a portfolio of projects and team of Business Analysts for moderate to large scale projects;
- Collaborate with relevant internal stakeholders to assist in the definition of project scope, project objectives, to ensure technical feasibility;
- Develop detailed project plan and monitor/track progress;
- Measure project performance using project management tools and techniques;
- Manage changes to project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate verification techniques;
- Coordinate project resources including tools, equipment, people, etc. required to execute multiple projects;
- Ensure all projects are delivered on-time, within project scope and budget;
- Manage rollout of project initiatives and monitor progress;
- Oversee reporting/tracking of KPI’s to meet business objectives;
- Participate in knowledge transfer within the team and foster continuous improvement;
- Deliver bi-weekly reports and project progress for implementation analysis and updates to Senior Leadership Team.
What we need:
- 5-7 years of progressive project management experience supporting business improvements required;
- Post-secondary education required;
- PMP Certification;
- Demonstrated track record of redeveloping processes and driving adoption across an organization;
- Strong business acumen and advanced level analytical skills;
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to influence others including tenured teams;
- Working knowledge of process excellence and business process streamlining methodologies;
- Excellent communication skills, and ability to work effectively with all levels of an organization;
- Previous experience leading operational process changes, policies and/or projects;
- Experience implementing continuous improvement processes required;
- Strong understanding and ability to implement lean concepts including Six Sigma;
- Advanced level experience using Microsoft Excel and project management tools required;
- Previous experience within a food distribution warehouse environment preferred;
- Ability to work in varied climate work environments, and support flexible work hours as required.
- Pay Type Salary
- Kitchener, ON, Canada