Early Learning Assistant (Full-time)
We are currently looking for an Early Learning Assistant to join our team of committed professionals. These full-time positions within the Association are at various locations throughout the City of Greater Sudbury and Markstay. Under the leadership of the direct Supervisor of Child, Youth and Family Development (CYFD), the Early Learning Assistant is responsible for the health, safety and well-being of the children in their care (0 to 12 years). The Early Learning Assistant will ensure all YMCA Policies, Procedures and legislations as outlined in the Ministry of Education’s Child Care Early Year Act (2014) are compliant at all times. The Early Learning Assistant will ensure the delivery of safe and high-quality child care. The Early Learning Assistant will bring forward immediately any health, safety or well-being concerns to the lead educator and their supervisor.
START DATE: As soon as possible
RATE OF PAY: $35,609.60 per year
HOURS: 40 per week
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Grade 12 Diploma or equivalent *for education completed outside of Canada, applicants are required to submit a WES with their application
- Minimum of one (1) year working with children and/or youth
- Current Standard First Aid with Infant and Child CPR (Level C) *Recognized by the WSIB
- Knowledge of Child Care and Early Years Act, 2014
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Certification in YMCA Playing to Learn and Healthy Child Development is an asset
- Health Assessment from Medical Professional and Immunizations Record
- Current and satisfactory Police Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening
- Ensure all spaces that children and adults’ access, including, cubby area, washrooms, outside are safe, secure, clean and organized
- Plan, prepare and deliver high-quality educational programming, by following the YMCA’s National curricula’s
- Provide effective supervision of children at all times to ensure their overall health, safety and well-being
- Exhibit professional, confident and positive relationships with all families and community partners
Please ensure that your cover letter and resume both specify the job title of the position that you are applying for.
All applicants are thanked for their interest in this position. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted and you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, you must advise the Human Resources Department.
Please note that successful candidates will be required to submit a current and satisfactory Police Record with Vulnerable Sector Check for review prior to starting employment.
Please note that candidates invited for an interview will be required to submit three professional references.
YMCA of Northeastern Ontario is an equal opportunity employer that is dedicated to maintaining a fair and equitable work environment. All of our employees and job applicants will be promoted or employed solely on the basis of their abilities and qualifications.
Educational credentials completed outside of Canada require a copy of your World Education Services documents (WES) along with your credentials. If you do not have a WES document, please visit https://www.wes.org/ca/. Applications submitted without a WES document will not be considered.
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $35,609.60
- Greater Sudbury, ON, Canada