Junior BIM Technologist - Structural
Role at a Glance
Reporting to the Structural Engineering Team Manager, the Junior Structural BIM Technologist is primarily responsible for creating structural BIM models and producing high-quality construction documents for a broad range of healthcare, industrial, commercial, residential, and institutional projects. You will work under the direction of our team of senior technologists and engineers, and in collaboration with other disciplines as part of an integrated project team. This role will provide you with an opportunity to develop as a Junior Structural BIM Technologist/Modeler while also allowing you to work towards developing a unique skill set as an expert in integrated design.
**This hybrid role is open to applicants interested in working at any of our offices: Kitchener, Hamilton or Toronto**
You’ll Love This Role If
- You are eager to learn and enjoy investing time in self-development.
- You have a passion for design, construction, and the latest industry tools.
- You embrace progressive change, out of the box thinking, and working in a high-energy environment.
What You Will Do
- Work under the guidance and supervision of our outstanding team of experienced engineers and technologists.
- Create structural BIM models and drawing sets.
- Generate accurate structural plans and details using knowledge of construction techniques, record drawings, drawing mark-ups, and instructions provided by architects and engineers
- Coordinate with other disciplines and team members, including in-house integrated teams and external consultants
- Deliver work to high quality standards and meet project deadlines
What You Bring to the Table
- Recent or soon to be graduates of Architecture/Construction or Civil Engineering Technology diplomas
- Excellent working knowledge of structural drafting with Revit and AutoCAD, along with BIM Modeling
- Good understanding of Ontario/Canadian building construction and basic building systems.
- Excellent communication skills; both verbal and written
- Eager to learn and take on new challenges.
- Ability to deliver high quality work and meet strict deadlines.
Life at WalterFedy
As one of Ontario’s leading integrated architecture, engineering, and construction firms, WalterFedy and our sister company, AEC, both play a key role in shaping the way our communities feel and function – it’s an amazing responsibility.
Our ambition goes beyond great design – we’re here to enhance the world around us. To make it happen, we need a team of agile, ambitious, and big-picture thinkers who share our drive to harness our collective talents to do something bigger. Our team is made up of some of the industry's best. We share a common commitment to questioning the ordinary, infusing everything we do with creativity and challenging our industry to redefine what’s possible.
Join us as we move past working for a living, and toward building better communities with smart, influential design.
How to Apply
Please apply with your resume and cover letter using the link on this page. You will be redirected to our internal application platform.
WalterFedy strives to create a culture of inclusivity and diversity. We strongly encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including those from groups traditionally underrepresented in the workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity hiring practice and will not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, creed, national origin, citizenship, status, age, sex, gender identity/expression, marital or domestic partnership status, or disability.
Should you require accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact email@example.com or call 519-576-2150.
Thank you for your interest in WalterFedy!
- Job Family Technologist/Designer
- Pay Type Salary
- Hamilton, ON, Canada
- Kitchener, ON, Canada
- Toronto, ON, Canada