Full time House Stylist - Public Area housekeeper
Brookstreet Hotel, 525 Legget Dr, Kanata, Ontario, Canada Req #354
Tuesday, December 6, 2022
Looking for employment and want to stay ahead of the competition? Do you want to work for a place that knows how to work hard AND have fun? If you’re ready to break the bonds of chain-affiliated hotel regimes and achieve service excellence, Brookstreet is the place to be! This 276 room luxury hotel is located in the heart of Ottawa’s high tech community and is guaranteed to offer unique experiences for guests and employees alike. Are you ready to break the bonds of typical chain-affiliated hotel regimes and drive innovation in your area of expertise?
- Previous cleaning experience is an asset
- Must have strong organizational skills and be able to multi-task and prioritize competing demands
- Work well under pressure
- An individual , who is a team player, dependable and able to work with little supervision
- Speak with others using clear and professional language in person and on radio system.
- Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards.
Move, lift, carry, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance. Push/Pull bins up to 600lbs.
- The successful candidate must be available 7 days per week for a variety of shifts, evenings and days.
REPORTS TO: Styling Manager
Respond promptly to requests from guests and other departments. Identify and report preventative or other maintenance issues in public areas or guest rooms. Performs any combination of the following tasks to maintain guestrooms, working areas, and the Brookstreet in general in a clean and orderly manner.
HOUSE STYLIST DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Respond to guests’ requests in a timely and efficient manner.
- Cleans rugs, carpets and upholstered furniture using a vacuum cleaner, broom and carpet shampoo machine.
- Cleans rooms, hallways and restrooms.
- Washes walls and ceiling, moves furniture’s and turn mattresses.
- Sweeps, mops, scrubs, waxes and polishes floor.
- Dusts and polishes metalwork.
- Collects/Sorts soiled linen for laundering.
- Maintains room stylist carts.
- Removes trash collected by room stylists.
- Pickup clean linen and refill the par stock of linen in each linen closet.
- Deliver towels, cribs, cots and other items to the guest rooms on requests.
- Perform duties of room stylist when necessary.
- Refill the par stock of guest amenities and supplies in each used cart.
- Help other Styling Partners with the heavy lifting when deep cleaning of rooms.
- Clean all public areas in the prescribed manner while following department standard operating procedures.
- Remove trash from the pool side and other service area and take to appropriate locations in the prescribed manner. Mop pool decks
- Place bed boards, roll-ways beds, cribs in Guest rooms, remove upon departure.
- Report missing / found articles, damage or inventory problems to the styling leaders.
- Respond at all times in a friendly, helpful manner to guests and other colleagues.
- Take up any tasks assigned by the styling leaders as and when needed.
- Report to work in required uniform and in adherence with the Hotels Dress Code Policy.
- Must be able to work independently and as a team player
Brookstreet is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin. Brookstreet Hotel welcomes and encourages applications from candidates with disabilities, to support the Integrated Accessibility Standards, Ontario Regulation 191/11 for the Employment Standards set forth under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you require accommodations and/or a copy of these documents in an alternate format for reasons related to a disability, please contact our Casting Department (Human Resources) at 613-271-3592. To review our AODA IASR Employment Policy please contact the Casting department.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Brookstreet Hotel, 525 Legget Dr, Kanata, Ontario, Canada