Employer: Annex Animal Hospital
Position: Associate Veterinarian
Terms of Employment: Permanent / Full Time
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Employment Address: 716 Bathurst Street Toronto, Ontario M5S 2R4
Hours of Work: 40 hours/week
- Eligible for discretionary bonuses and increases in salary;
- Eligible for signing bonus;
- Eligible for relocation allowance;
- Eligible for production bonus;
- Eligible for RRSP;
- Eligible for Dental and Vision coverage;
- Paid vacation/sick leave, Continuing Education (CE) allowance, VIN membership, annual licenses paid;
- Medical insurance;
- Generous pet policy;
- Access to network of over 1000 veterinarians
- Malpractice insurance
Salary: $100,000 - $115,000 CAD/year
- Eligible for $100,000 CAD/year if eligible for a restricted license to practice veterinary medicine per the College of Veterinarians of Ontario (CVO).
- Eligible for salary increase to $115,000 CAD/annum once a full, unrestricted license is obtained from the CVO.
Contact: please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Annex Animal Hospital” in email subject line.
- Perform routine therapeutic procedures
- Perform Veterinary surgery
- Responsible for patient records management
- Post-operative observation
- Accurate client billing
- Participate in continuing education matters
- Examine animals and diagnose problems or diseases through physical examinations or laboratory tests
- Diagnosing and prescribing medication to sick or injured animals
- Consult with pet owners about preventive healthcare; and carry out medical and surgical procedures, such as vaccinations, dental work, and fractures.
- Perform routine surgeries and handling emergency cases
- Consulting clients on hygiene and general care of their pets. Exemplary skills to work with colleagues, clinic staff, pet parents and community
- Provide a range of veterinary services including obstetrics, and euthanasia
- Offer general wellness and vaccinations, nutrition, and weight management programs.
- May enforce government regulations in disease control and food production.
- Keeping up with the flow of the clinic and meeting expected appointment times
- Expected to attend monthly DVM and all other team meetings, and contribute ideas and feedback at the meetings that will help with the health of the clinic and patients
- university degree in veterinary medicine (as well as any required pre-veterinary studies for the university program, if applicable)
- Completion of national certification examinations or equivalent are required.
- Provincial Licensing in Ontario is required or ability to obtain
- Passion for what you do every day! Enthusiasm, energy, and a positive attitude are a must
- A strong desire to educate and build solid relationships with clients
- Solid communication skills, both when dealing with clients and interpersonal relationships
- Ability to work evenings, weekends and on-call
- Pay Type Salary
- Annex Animal Hospital, 716 Bahturst Street, Toronto, Ontario, Canada