Student Employment Program Across Canada
VetStrategy believes in providing unique development opportunities to the next generation of veterinary professionals. As a student, you will work with an experienced veterinary team in one of our hospitals where you will be exposed to the working dynamics. You will also rotate through a variety of roles in the clinic to observe processes, experience client service and patient treatments, as well as assist in different capacities.
This experience will allow you to:
- Gain confidence in your technical abilities
- Develop interpersonal communication skills
- Gain unique insights into the importance of the various roles in a hospital
- Based on your individual educational goals you will have the opportunity to pursue personalized learning objectives.
What to Expect
A Student Employment Program can last up to 12 weeks. Under the supervision of the clinic manager and the mentoring doctor (and in accordance with provincial laws), students will assist in the clinic in a variety of roles. Depending on your qualifications, you can work as a receptionist, a veterinary assistant and/or a technician. You will learn how to communicate with clients, provide proper veterinary care, use clinic software, learn surgical preparation and monitoring, and develop your professional interpersonal skills.
- Open for 1st- through 3rd-year veterinary students enrolled in an accredited doctor of veterinary medicine program
- Authorized to work in Canada
- Available for a 6- to 12-week period and committed to a flexible schedule of 20 to 40 hours per week, including evenings and weekends
*Selection is based on availability at the preferred hospital.
For more information send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pay Type Salary
- Alberta, Canada
- British Columbia, Canada
- Manitoba, Canada
- New Brunswick, Canada
- Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
- Nova Scotia, Canada
- Ontario, Canada
- Quebec, Canada
- Saskatchewan, Canada