RVT - Halifax Veterinary Hospital
Are you looking for an amazing opportunity to utilize your RVT skills and have the potential to grow into a lead role?
Halifax Veterinary Hospital is a wonderful general practice in the heart of the city that will be the perfect environment for you to do just that! Our clientele feels like family and because of our connection with the community many of them have been with us for decades. We are a heritage practice and have been in operation for over 80 years making us the oldest practice in Halifax. As a team we work to build each other up, provide a place to work and learn but also laugh and enjoy our days together. Communication and acceptance are core values; everyone is welcome in our clinic, diversity and inclusion are celebrated both in our hospital and our community.
We’re AAHA Accredited, Gold Level Cat Friendly Practice and Fear Free Certified with lots of opportunities to learn.
About the Role
As our ideal candidate you will have:
- AHT/VT Diploma (Registration or eligible to register with NSVMA required)
- Passion for what you do every day! Enthusiasm, energy and a positive attitude
- A strong desire to educate and build solid relationships with clients
- Solid communication skills
- Great initiative and attention to detail
WHAT WE OFFER
- SIGNING BONUS and RELOCATION ALLOWANCE (if moving from out of province)
- Competitive compensation ($19-$24h, depending on experience, negotiable)
- Great working hours
- Friendly and supportive work environment
- Continuing education allowance + Access to exclusive webinars and CE events
- Health and dental plus a fantastic EAP, access to Health telemedicine & loads of other benefit perks
- RRSP package with matching
- Commitment to the community and to helping pets in need through the Oscar Fund activities
- AMAZING medical and pet supply discounts
- Participation in community events and small businesses
- And much more!!
Halifax Veterinary Hospital is part of the VetStrategy group of clinics. A career with VetStrategy is anything but ordinary. Our work is something we’re truly excited about. Every day, we make an impact the lives of others with veterinary care backed by a team of professionals who love what they do.
From Vancouver Island to Newfoundland, we have opportunities across Canada to fuel your passion. The possibilities are endless for you to do the most meaningful work of your career. Let us help you find your perfect role.
There are jobs and then there’s us. This is your moment to do the kind of work you find meaningful. Grab the opportunity to challenge yourself, push boundaries and learn new skills. Surround yourself with peers who will inspire you, and be inspired by you, to shape the future of veterinary care.
You’ll be part of a team that supports professional development and you’ll be provided with opportunities to grow throughout your career.
Interested? Please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you!
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $19.00
- Max Hiring Rate $24.00
- Required Education Certification
- Halifax Veterinary Hospital, 6485 Quinpool Road, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada