Employer: Tranquille Road Animal Hospital
Position: Associate Veterinarian
Terms of Employment: Permanent / Full Time
Location: Kamloops, British Columbia
Employment Address: 456 Tranquille Road, Kamloops, BC V2B 3H2
Hours of Work: 40 hours/week
- Eligible for discretionary bonuses and increases in salary;
- Paid vacation/sick leave, Continuing Education (CE) allowance, VIN membership, annual licenses paid;
- Medical insurance;
- Partial coverage of dental and vision insurance
- Generous pet policy;
- Access to network of over 1000 veterinarians
- Malpractice insurance
- Sign-on bonus
Salary: $125,000 CAD/year
Contact: please send resumes to email@example.com and include “Tranquille Road Animal Hospital” in email subject line.
- Perform routine therapeutic procedures
- Perform Veterinary surgery
- Responsible for patient records management
- Post-operative observation
- Accurate client billing
- Participate in continuing education matters
- Examine animals and diagnose problems or diseases through physical examinations or laboratory tests
- Diagnosing and prescribing medication to sick or injured animals
- Consult with pet owners about preventive healthcare; and carry out medical and surgical procedures, such as vaccinations, dental work, and fractures.
- Perform routine surgeries and handling emergency cases
- Consulting clients on hygiene and general care of their pets. Exemplary skills to work with colleagues, clinic staff, pet parents and community
- Provide a range of veterinary services including obstetrics, and euthanasia
- Offer general wellness and vaccinations, nutrition, and weight management programs.
- May enforce government regulations in disease control and food production.
- Keeping up with the flow of the clinic and meeting expected appointment times
- Expected to attend monthly DVM and all other team meetings, and contribute ideas and feedback at the meetings that will help with the health of the clinic and patients
- 4-5 year university degree in veterinary medicine (as well as any required pre-veterinary studies for the university program, if applicable)
- Completion of national certification examinations or equivalent are required.
- Provincial Licensing in British Columbia is required or ability to obtain
- Passion for what you do every day! Enthusiasm, energy, and a positive attitude are a must
- A strong desire to educate and build solid relationships with clients
- Solid communication skills, both when dealing with clients and interpersonal relationships
- Ability to work evenings, and weekends
- Pay Type Salary
- Tranquille Road Animal Hospital, 456 Tranquille RD., Kamloops, British Columbia, Canada