Bilingual Training and eLearning Specialist (PMS) - 12 month contract
Reporting to the Manager, National Platform Support, The Training and eLearning Specialist will help to deliver programs to our veterinary practices across Canada.
As a Practice Management platform trainer, you will need to have an awareness of our operational processes. In addition to the training you will deliver, you will need to be proficient in two areas:
- IT professional Skills – covering technical training
- User Skills – desktop applications and company specific applications, Learning Management Systems and Office 365
As we are currently in the throes of Covid-19 pandemic and the many complexities it brings, we have moved our face-to-face delivery to online webinar calls and transferred other learning into E-learning format. We are also heavily involved in other projects around the business as many of the new initiatives require training – all of which the training team are involved in.
This is an individual contributor role. The successful candidate should have a proven self-start record, be able to work independently and from their own initiative.
You will need to be able to communicate professionally and build good relationships with all levels of our practices and support staff, as they will be your main conduit to getting the training delivered successfully and within the timelines required.
- Must be able to travel across Canada when required with overnight stays for multiple days based on pandemic restrictions being lifted
- You will work with the Learning and Implementations teams, produce and deliver training to all our practices and other areas within the business
- You will also cover the Service Desk with responses for training queries
- You will be expected to deliver virtual training regularly and as part of that coordinate getting people booked onto any relevant courses
- You will make contact with practices and guide them through the process of getting their calendars and users set up in preparation for their Go live dates, as well as coordinating with the Implementation team to get users set up to access the LMS. You will have to spend time working with some of our practices retrospectively to ensure they are aware of any system changes and also be involved in a post roll out process to continue with the support needed.
Background, Experience and Qualifications
- Must be fluent in speaking and writing in both French and English
- An aptitude for IT and an up-to-date knowledge of common applications and systems
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Well-developed interpersonal and facilitation skills
- A high level of organization and time management
- Confidence in training and presentation delivery – experience of online delivery would be preferable
- A full driving license as travel is required
- Innovative and be dynamic in your approach
- Must work well in a team and align with VetStrategy’s core values
- Comfortable working in a pet friendly environment
Our Ideal Candidate possesses the following Cultural Competencies:
We are Relationship Focused!
- In every interaction with the hospitals, we build and maintain personal connections and trust. All relationships matter regardless of different levels, functions, cultures or geography.
- Different perspectives are encouraged as we look for the best way to do things. We collaborate with the hospitals and one another to ensure that all work is in the best interest of the hospital and takes into account the unique needs of each location. We are externally focused on our hospitals rather than only internally focused on our processes.
We Speak the Truth!
- We are honest and transparent. We can question or challenge without fear of negative repercussions. We support one another and take responsibility for ourselves.
We are Humble!
- We’re all in this together. There is no room for ego or hierarchy mentality here. We are unpretentious and approachable. We support and appreciate one another. We regularly seek feedback without defensiveness. We reflect on our activities and the impact we have on others.
We Take Care of the Rest!
- We view everything we do through the lens of the hospitals. We seek to understand first. Every decision we make is based on impact to patient care, client service, and hospital teams. We do what’s best for the hospitals, not just Home Office.
- Pay Type Salary
- 7000 Pine Valley Dr, Woodbridge, ON L4L 4Y8, Canada