Finance/Accounting - Internal Auditor
At Trisura, we expect more because we believe it can be done better.
We are a young, growth oriented team with a commitment to exceptional talent and have been named one of Canada’s Top Small and Medium Employers since 2017. Our growth and our entrepreneurial style, niche market position and development opportunities ensure that our people see the results of their commitment reflected in the company’s success.
We are currently seeking a qualified individual to join the dedicated, forward-thinking Finance team in our downtown Toronto office.
INTERNAL AUDITOR – TORONTO
As an integral member of the team, you will bring:
- A positive and collaborative work style, strong relationship management skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to relate and communicate with people at all levels of the organization
- Very strong organizational skills and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities
- Passion for excellence and attention to detail
- A great attitude and entrepreneurial spirit, embracing our vision “a step above”
- Develop end-to-end process documentation and identify key controls within key business processes
- Perform control testing in a timely manner in accordance with approved audit program
- Prepare clear and concise working papers
- Develop recommendations to design and/or strengthen internal controls to assist in improving efficiency and effectiveness, adding value to the organization
- Follow up on audit recommendations to ensure action plans have been appropriately implemented
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with business partners
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required
- Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate field from an accredited college/university.
- CPA, or candidates currently pursuing their CPA, would be viewed positively.
- CISA, CIA, CRMA or other relevant qualifications and designations would be an asset.
- 2-3 years of experience delivering internal or external audits, data analytics, and/or IT audit/control engagements in a public accounting firm.
- Familiarity with internal control frameworks (COSO, COBIT) and experience in risk management processes is desirable.
We are committed to an inclusive and barrier-free workplace that reflects the diversity in each of our offices across Canada. Accommodations will be provided on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of our recruitment and selection process.
We thank all candidates for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Trisura Guarantee Insurance Company, headquartered in the heart of Canada’s financial district, is a specialty lines insurer with a focus on Surety, Specialty Insurance, Property & Casualty, and Warranty products.
As a Canadian owned and operated company, Trisura brings innovative solutions and expertise through a select network of both national and regional brokerage firms.
The company, founded in 2006, and operating across Canada with offices in Toronto, Halifax, Montréal, Calgary and Vancouver, is uniquely positioned to satisfy all varieties of risk in Contract, Commercial and Developer Surety, Directors' and Officers' Liability, Fidelity, and Professional Liability including Media Liability, as well as Warranty products.
- Pay Type Salary
- 333 Bay St., Toronto, ON M5H 2R2, Canada