Manager, Mining and Energy, Commercial Surety
At Trisura, we expect more because we believe it can be done better.
We are a young, growth oriented team with a commitment to exceptional talent and have been named one of Canada’s Top Small and Medium Employers since 2017. Our growth and our entrepreneurial style, niche market position and development opportunities ensure that our people see the results of their commitment reflected in the company’s success.
MANAGER, MINING & ENERGY, COMMERCIAL SURETY
As a member of the team, the successful applicant will be responsible for work on commercial surety initiatives and priorities that are national in scope. The ideal candidate is driven and results oriented with the capability to build upon and foster relationships.
As an integral member of the team, you will bring:
- Solid financial statement analysis skills
- Demonstrated capability for outstanding customer service and building long term relationships
- Proven track record for quick, accurate problem resolution
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- Strong work ethic, good organizational skills and the ability to work well, both independently and in a team-based environment
- A great attitude and entrepreneurial spirit, embracing our vision “a step above”
- Perform financial analysis and underwriting of new submissions and existing Contract and Commercial surety business
- Provide underwriting support and training for branch offices across the country on new submissions and the monitoring of existing business for mining and energy commercial surety accounts.
- Participate as part of an audit team on audits of mining and energy accounts and programs.
- Participate with all business units to develop and enhance Trisura’s broker relationships.
- Review and approve new accounts and renewals of existing mining and energy accounts within underwriting authority.
- Assist in the preparation and production of marketing materials.
- Participate and attend mining industry events
- Leverage strategic relationships with Trisura’s US partners including building the mining and energy business in the US
- Assist in expanding the mining and energy practice, both geographically and into new surety products.
- Provide oversight of the Commercial Surety online knowledge centre for the mining and energy business.
- Successful completion of BCom, BA with Business, Accounting, Finance, or Economics concentration, or BEng with Mining and Business, Accounting or Finance concentrations (or coursework).
- 5+ years of experience with financial statement analysis, financial modeling and valuation or financial analysis of mining projects and/or companies.
- Previous experience underwriting surety for mining and energy companies.
We are committed to an inclusive and barrier-free workplace that reflects the diversity in each of our offices across Canada. Accommodations will be provided on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of our recruitment and selection process.
We thank all candidates for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Trisura Guarantee Insurance Company, headquartered in the heart of Canada’s financial district, is a specialty lines insurer with a focus on Surety, Specialty Insurance, Property & Casualty, and Warranty products.
As a Canadian owned and operated company, Trisura brings innovative solutions and expertise through a select network of both national and regional brokerage firms.
The company, founded in 2006, and operating across Canada with offices in Toronto, Halifax, Montréal, Calgary and Vancouver, is uniquely positioned to satisfy all varieties of risk in Contract, Commercial and Developer Surety, Directors' and Officers' Liability, Fidelity, and Professional Liability including Media Liability, as well as Warranty products.
- Pay Type Salary
- 333 Bay St., Toronto, ON M5H 2R2, Canada