Manager, Specialty Lines - Montreal
At Trisura, we expect more because we believe it can be done better.
We are a young, growth oriented team with a commitment to exceptional talent and have been named one of Canada’s Top Small and Medium Employers since 2017. Our growth and our entrepreneurial style, niche market position and development opportunities ensure that our people see the results of their commitment reflected in the company’s success.
We are currently seeking a qualified individual to join our dynamic, forward thinking team of Specialty Insurance underwriters in our Montréal office.
MANAGER, SPECIALTY LINES – MONTRÉAL
Reporting directly to the Regional Vice President, Québec, the successful applicant will be passionate, and results oriented with the ability to lead a team of Specialty Insurance underwriters. The successful applicant will oversee the team in Montréal who underwrite and market our Suite of Specialty Insurance Solutions products including: Directors’ and Officers’ Liability, Employment Practices Liability, Fiduciary Liability, Errors and Omissions, Technology Liability, Cyber Liability, Media Liability and Fidelity policies. The ideal candidate will also have a background and focus on the Management Liability suite of products.
As an integral member of the team, you will bring:
- Dedication to exceptional customer service
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities
- Strong leadership skills
- An innovative mindset for delivering thorough solutions
- Passion for excellence and detail orientation
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to develop new business through networking/marketing with brokers, clients, consultants, lawyers and represent Trisura at various industry related functions
- Self-motivation and entrepreneurial outlook with solid interpersonal skills and an ability to work within a team environment
- Representing our Specialty Insurance Solutions team in the Province of Quebec
- Overseeing the day-to-day underwriting operations for a team of underwriters and acting as a subject matter expert
- Engaging, coaching, motivating and mentoring the team
- Marketing and sourcing new business opportunities
- Managing and building a portfolio of Specialty Insurance accounts
- Evaluating exposures and determining appropriate terms and conditions of coverage
- Participating in team strategy and product development
- Establishing and maintaining broker relationships
- Maintaining a thorough understanding of relevant industry trends and their impact on products offered
- Bachelor’s degree or post-secondary education in business, marketing, or insurance preferred
- Minimum 7-10 years of experience in underwriting/broking specialty insurance product lines
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience managing a small team
- Bilingual in French and English
We are committed to an inclusive and barrier-free workplace that reflects the diversity in each of our offices across Canada. Accommodations will be provided on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of our recruitment and selection process.
We thank all candidates for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Trisura Guarantee Insurance Company, headquartered in the heart of Canada’s financial district, is a specialty lines insurer with a focus on Surety, Specialty Insurance, Property & Casualty, and Warranty products.
As a Canadian owned and operated company, Trisura brings innovative solutions and expertise through a select network of both national and regional brokerage firms.
The company, founded in 2006, and operating across Canada with offices in Toronto, Halifax, Montréal, Calgary and Vancouver, is uniquely positioned to satisfy all varieties of risk in Contract, Commercial and Developer Surety, Directors' and Officers' Liability, Fidelity, and Professional Liability including Media Liability, as well as Warranty products.
- Pay Type Salary
- 1501 Av. McGill College, Montréal, QC H3A 1Z4, Canada