Senior Application & Database Specialist (Senior Full Stack Developer)
Current Rate of Pay: Min = $49.67/hr, Max = $53.85/hr
Employment type: Fulltime Permanent
Hours of work: 35 hrs/week
Work location: Head Office
Division: Corporate Services
Business unit: Information Technology and Records Management
Remote Work: Hybrid
With more than 60 years of experience, Toronto and Region Conservation Authority (TRCA) is one of 36 Conservation Authorities in Ontario, created to safeguard and enhance the health and well-being of watershed communities through the protection and restoration of the natural environment and the ecological services the environment provides.
TRCA is considered the provincial leader in conserving, restoring, and managing natural resources to advance safe and sustainable development.
How you will contribute as part of the TRCA team:
The Senior Application & Database Specialist leads application development, support and implementation services for TRCA's applications portfolio. Works with the business stakeholders to design and develop application and database services. Manages full-lifecycle projects, from defining requirements and specifications, development and configuration, testing, and deployment. Leads operational monitoring and performance management for applications and database services.
- Leads application/database/system lifecycle management.
- Leads application and database solution architecture, development and planning.
- Supports database administration, business applications, websites and integration services.
- Provides technical consulting and guidance to IT and functional stakeholders.
- Liaises with business stakeholders and IT teams to plan, develop and deliver system upgrades and enhancements.
- Leads and delivers multiple active special projects with both short and long-term timelines.
- Leads vendor management for contract performance, managing SLAs, and resolution of incidents and problems escalated to vendor support.
- Monitors service activity, including database and application performance, unexpected events/behaviour and assess for vulnerabilities.
What will you need to succeed:
- Post-secondary degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field.
- 5+ years of experience working with a complex, multi-platform application and database services environment.
- Advance application development and database administration abilities (e.g., ADLC concepts, QA/QC and version control services, database certification desirable).
- Experience in database services, including MS SQL Server, MySQL, Mongo.
- Experience with the design and implementation of web server architectures to improve performance and security in physical, containerized and app service environments.
- Experience with web services including REST and SOAP based application programming interfaces (API’s).
- Valid Ontario Class G2 Drivers License.
What TRCA has to offer you:
As part of a progressive team you will have the opportunity to make a positive impact to preserving and protecting nature, while maintaining a balance between the natural environment and built environment. Working with experts within our field, you will join a team of colleagues that are committed to TRCA’s core values by demonstrating the following behaviours; integrity, collaboration, accountability, respect, and excellence (icare).
You will be part of a diverse and inclusive organization that:
- Makes a positive difference in the communities we serve.
- Fosters high performance and collaborative teams.
- Provides continuous learning and development opportunities.
- Offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits program (including Defined Benefit Pension Plan – OMERS/OTPP).
- Pregnancy & Parental Leave Top-Up Program.
- Provides unique TRCA Perks.
- Provides flexible work arrangements.
- Offers potential for career growth and advancement.
To apply to this posting, click on the “Apply” icon. Please submit your resume and cover letter prior to midnight on February 13, 2023.
While the Toronto and Region Conservation Authority (TRCA) thanks all applicants for their interest, only those under consideration will be contacted for interviews. Please be advised that successful incumbent(s) may be required to undergo a vulnerable sector screening and/or driver’s abstract check as a part of the final step in the hiring process.
TRCA is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and TRCA Policies, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to the TRCA. We welcome applications from all qualified persons.
Personal information you provide through the TRCA recruitment, selection and onboarding process is collected under the authority of the Conservation Authorities Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. C.27. Collection of this personal information is necessary for the proper administration of this recruitment process for employment and volunteer positions with TRCA. Personal information is protected from disclosure pursuant to the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Any questions regarding this collection activity should be directed to the Supervisor of Records, 101 Exchange Avenue, Vaughan, Ontario, L4K 5R6, (416) 661-6600 extension 5216.
- Employment Indicator Permanent Full-Time
- Min Hiring Rate $90,395.00
- Max Hiring Rate $98,003.00
- Travel Required Yes
- Travel % 5
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- 101 Exchange Ave, Concord, ON L4K 5R6, Canada