Current Rate of Pay: Min = $17.69/hr, Max = $19.18/hr
Employment type: Seasonal
Duration of employment: 6 months
Hours of work: 40 hrs/week
Work location: Multiple work locations – listed below.
Division: Conservation Parks and Lands
Business unit: Conservation Parks
Remote Work: None
Seasonal Hire TRCA – 2023
Seasonal job opportunities are plentiful at TRCA. If you are looking for seasonal job openings, we can provide great opportunities and seasonal perks. Apply now!
- Glen Haffy Conservation Park (19245 Airport Rd, Caledon East, ON L7K 2M9)
- Heart Lake Conservation Park (10818 Heart Lake Rd, Brampton, ON L6Z 0B3)
By working at TRCA you will:
- Work outdoors during the spring and summer in beautiful natural areas.
- Gain valuable experience working at a conservation authority.
- Get a free Conservation Ontario annual pass.
- Get access to TRCA’s Reciprocal Program (discounts across various Ontario attractions).
How you will contribute as part of the TRCA team:
The Clerical Support role provides basic clerical and operational support to one of TRCA’s facilities or sites. The Clerical Support role performs basic administrative tasks such as filing of information, typing of correspondence, basic formatting of reports. This role also supports basic calculations of daily admissions revenue and participates in a variety of customer service as required.
- Provide general clerical operational support including: filing, preparation and formatting of correspondence, basic formatting of reports etc.
- Provide basic support in calculations of daily sales revenues, assist with coding of invoices under supervision.
- Assist the supervisor with preparation of staff schedules.
- Working under supervision, as required, to support the procurement process in the preparation of purchase requestions and orders for supervisor review and approval.
- Ensure site supplies and materials are available and organized, including items for sale, brochures, membership packages, staff PPE and uniform items and office supplies; advising the supervisor when items are running low.
- When assigned, close areas/buildings for the day ensuring that areas are secure.
- Greet and engage with visitors and potential visitors (in person, by phone and email); addressing general inquiries.
- Process and reconcile transactions that include cash handling (sales, exchanges, and refunds).
- Assist with cash deposits and Brink’s pick-ups, where applicable.
- Support a healthy workplace to embrace diversity, encourages team work and complies with all applicable regulatory, policy and legislative requirements.
- Perform general maintenance and cleaning duties in areas such as pool, washrooms, changerooms, grounds and work areas.
- May be required to lift or carry objects that could weigh up to 50 pounds on occasion.
What will you need to succeed:
- Current Standard First Aid with CPR-C Certification an asset.
- Post-secondary education in business or office administration is considered an asset.
- One (1) years’ experience related to major tasks.
- Previous experience working in a customer service position.
- Cash handling experience an asset.
- Experience working at an attraction or [park, museum, golf course] is considered an asset.
- Good customer service skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and perform duties in a fast-paced environment.
- Working knowledge of MS Office and related applications.
- Strong organization, time management and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
To apply to this posting, click on the “Apply” icon. Please submit your resume and cover letter prior to midnight on February 23, 2023.
While the Toronto and Region Conservation Authority (TRCA) thanks all applicants for their interest, only those under consideration will be contacted for interviews. Please be advised that successful incumbent(s) may be required to undergo a vulnerable sector screening and/or driver’s abstract check as a part of the final step in the hiring process.
TRCA is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and TRCA Policies, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to the TRCA. We welcome applications from all qualified persons.
Personal information you provide through the TRCA recruitment, selection and onboarding process is collected under the authority of the Conservation Authorities Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. C.27. Collection of this personal information is necessary for the proper administration of this recruitment process for employment and volunteer positions with TRCA. Personal information is protected from disclosure pursuant to the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Any questions regarding this collection activity should be directed to the Supervisor of Records, 101 Exchange Avenue, Vaughan, Ontario, L4K 5R6, (416) 661-6600 extension 5216.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Seasonal
- Min Hiring Rate $17.69
- Max Hiring Rate $19.18
- Travel Required No
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- 19245 Airport Rd, Caledon East, ON L7K 2M9, Canada
- Heart Lake, Brampton, ON L6Z, Canada