Visitor Experience Ambassador
Current Rate of Pay: Min = $15.99/hr, Max = $17.34/hr
Employment type: Seasonal
Duration of employment: 6 Months
Hours of work: 40 hrs/week
Work location: Multiple work locations, listed below
Division: Conservation Parks and Lands
Business unit: Conservation Parks
Remote Work: None
Seasonal Hire TRCA – 2023
Seasonal job opportunities are plentiful at TRCA. If you are looking for seasonal job openings, we can provide great opportunities and seasonal perks. Apply now!
- Glen Haffy Conservation Park (19245 Airport Rd, Caledon East, ON L7K 2M9)
- Heart Lake Conservation Park (10818 Heart Lake Rd, Brampton, ON L6Z 0B3)
By working at TRCA you will:
- Work outdoors during the spring and summer in beautiful natural areas.
- Gain valuable experience working at a conservation authority.
- Get a free Conservation Ontario annual pass.
- Get access to TRCA’s Reciprocal Program (discounts across various Ontario attractions).
How you will contribute as part of the TRCA team:
The Visitor Experience Ambassador is responsible for delivering exceptional customer service to all guests of TRCA sites and facilities, by greeting guests, answering general inquiries both in person and by phone, providing site or facility directions and program information. The Visitor Experience Ambassador is also responsible for site admissions and transactions, gift shop sales assistance and transactions using point of sale systems.
Perform the following tasks under general supervision:
- Greet and engage with visitors to TRCA sites and facilities.
- Provide visitors with site and facility directions and program information both in person and by phone.
- Maintain a current knowledge of site and facility programs and programs at other facilities as required to ensure effective visitor experience when addressing inquiries.
- Process admissions, gift shop sales, snack bar (dependent on location) payments and transactions using point of sale systems. Including counting floats and summation of daily sales.
- Assist with coordinator and booking of events.
- Conduct periodic product counts/inventory as directed.
- Maintain cleanliness and order of workspace at all times, ensuring all displays are faced appropriately and appear full and inviting to Guests. Sanitize workspace as needed.
- Where applicable, stock the shelves where product purchase is available, ensuring products are ‘fresh’ and labelled with bar codes and priced according to direction.
- Provide administrative support for TRCA programs when required.
- Provide general clerical support and duties as required.
- Perform general maintenance and cleaning duties in areas such as pool, washrooms, changerooms, grounds and work areas.
What will you need to succeed:
- Completion of Ontario Secondary School Diploma is considered an asset.
- Active and current First Aid and CPR certificate is considered an asset (may be requirement depending on location).
- Previous experience working or volunteering in a customer service capacity.
- Previous experience with the operation of Point of Sale system and cash/credit card sales is considered an asset.
- Computer literacy utilizing Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Sound numeracy skills to perform basis calculations.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Must be flexible to work all required shifts, including weekends and holidays.
To apply to this posting, click on the “Apply” icon. Please submit your resume and cover letter prior to midnight on February 23, 2023.
While the Toronto and Region Conservation Authority (TRCA) thanks all applicants for their interest, only those under consideration will be contacted for interviews. Please be advised that successful incumbent(s) may be required to undergo a vulnerable sector screening and/or driver’s abstract check as a part of the final step in the hiring process.
TRCA is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and TRCA Policies, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to the TRCA. We welcome applications from all qualified persons.
Personal information you provide through the TRCA recruitment, selection and onboarding process is collected under the authority of the Conservation Authorities Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. C.27. Collection of this personal information is necessary for the proper administration of this recruitment process for employment and volunteer positions with TRCA. Personal information is protected from disclosure pursuant to the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Any questions regarding this collection activity should be directed to the Supervisor of Records, 101 Exchange Avenue, Vaughan, Ontario, L4K 5R6, (416) 661-6600 extension 5216.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Seasonal
- Min Hiring Rate $15.99
- Max Hiring Rate $17.34
- Travel Required No
- Required Education Diploma
- Glen Haffy, 19245 Airport Road, Caledon, Ontario, Canada
- Heart Lake Conservation Area, Brampton, ON L6Z, Canada