Current Rate of Pay: Min = $19.87/hr Max = $21.54/hr
Employment type: Seasonal
Duration of employment: 4-7 months
Hours of work: up to 40 hrs/week
Work location: Bathurst Glen Golf Course
Division: Conservation Parks and Lands
Business unit: Conservation Parks
Remote Work: None
Seasonal Hire TRCA – 2023
Seasonal job opportunities are plentiful at TRCA. If you are looking for seasonal job openings, we can provide great opportunities and seasonal perks. Apply now!
How you will contribute as part of the TRCA team:
The Cook is responsible for food planning, preparation, service, and clean-up as it relates to food service delivery. The Cook follows planned menus to provide a balanced food service for patrons. This position ensures that all food operations, preparation, and presentations meet TRCA’s commitment to high quality service.
A key role of this position is maintaining and complying with food standard regulations, while ensuring a safe, orderly, sanitized kitchen through proper food preparation and food handling techniques and processes. Compliance of Health and Safety and Food Standard Protocols is a major responsibility of this role. This position also supports customer service playing a key role in delivering a strong customer experience.
Must be available Weekends and Holidays.
- Prepare meals according to approved menus and recipes having regard at all times to health and safety requirements for food handling.
- Ensure food supplies are properly stored at all times including storage of food products as delivered, ensuring an appropriate inventory level.
- Operate food service equipment in accordance with health and safety requirements.
- Ensure daily knowledge and understanding of specific client allergies and/or special diet requirements and prepare food accordingly.
- Ensure workstation is kept clean and sanitized in accordance with established Field Centre protocols and procedures, including all kitchen surface areas, serving utensils, and appliances.
- Track daily temperature checks on all refrigeration and freezer units.
- Participate in clean-up, including dish washing, removal of garbage, recycling, and composting, as well as grease removal at the end of each shift.
- Assist with inquiries and concerns from patrons in a tactful and professional manner.
What will you need to succeed:
- Food Handers Certificate required.
- Smart Serve Certification (dependent on location).
- Standard First Aid Certificate and CPR required.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in food preparation and service.
- Previous experience working with customers.
- Cash handling experience (dependent on location).
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate and work well with others in a team environment.
- Basic understanding of hygiene, sanitation and kitchen equipment.
- Experience preparing large/batch quantities of food.
- Experience working with children (location dependent, only required when working at facilities where children programming is required and interacts with the Cook).
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Successful completion of a Vulnerable Sector Screening is required (location dependent - required only when the position is working with vulnerable individuals at facilities).
To apply to this posting, click on the “Apply” icon. Please submit your resume and cover letter prior to midnight on January 27th 2023.
By working at TRCA you will:
- Work outdoors during the spring and summer in beautiful natural areas.
- Gain valuable experience working at a conservation authority.
- Get a free Conservation Ontario annual pass.
- Get access to TRCA’s Reciprocal Program (discounts across various Ontario attractions).
While the Toronto and Region Conservation Authority (TRCA) thanks all applicants for their interest, only those under consideration will be contacted for interviews. Please be advised that successful incumbent(s) may be required to undergo a vulnerable sector screening and/or driver’s abstract check as a part of the final step in the hiring process.
TRCA is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and TRCA Policies, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to the TRCA. We welcome applications from all qualified persons.
Personal information you provide through the TRCA recruitment, selection and onboarding process is collected under the authority of the Conservation Authorities Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. C.27. Collection of this personal information is necessary for the proper administration of this recruitment process for employment and volunteer positions with TRCA. Personal information is protected from disclosure pursuant to the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Any questions regarding this collection activity should be directed to the Supervisor of Records, 101 Exchange Avenue, Vaughan, Ontario, L4K 5R6, (416) 661-6600 extension 5216.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Seasonal
- Min Hiring Rate $19.87
- Max Hiring Rate $21.54
- Travel Required No
- Required Education Certification
- Bathurst Glen Golf Course, 12481 Bathurst St, Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada