Current Rate of Pay: Min = $57,862, Max = $62,732
Employment type: Full-Time Contract
Duration of employment: 18 Months
Hours of work: 35 hrs/week
Work location: Boyd Field Office and Swan Lake Outdoor Education Centre
Division: Restoration and Infrastructure
Business unit: Professional Services
Remote Work: Hybrid
With more than 60 years of experience, Toronto and Region Conservation Authority (TRCA) is one of 36 Conservation Authorities in Ontario, created to safeguard and enhance the health and well-being of watershed communities through the protection and restoration of the natural environment and the ecological services the environment provides.
TRCA works to protect the integrity and health of the rivers and creeks in the jurisdiction, develop a system of green and natural spaces that sustains local ecosystems, and advance sustainable practices that improve people’s lives within our growing region.
How you will contribute as part of the TRCA team:
Reporting to the Associate Director, the Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing a broad range of administrative and general office support to their designated team(s)/division. The Administrative Assistant exercises judgement and decision making to provide effective and efficient administrative services to their designated team(s)/division.
- Provide administrative support to the Senior Managers/Associate Directors which includes but is not limited to photocopying, minute taking, memo/documentation creation, committee support, presentation and report development and maintaining an effective filing system.
- Ensure the timely processing of accounts payable invoices, cheque requisitions, distribution of payments and the maintaining of program budgets and financial records.
- Collect and track data, research information, sort and distribute mail, process expense claims, schedule and organize meetings, and perform other administrative assignments as required.
- Coordinating, organizing, and planning meetings.
- Provide procurement support to teams.
- On an ongoing basis, ensure team materials and documentation, including TRCA’s intranet and internet site, are up to date and reflective of current staffing and operations.
- Ensure teams Standard Operating Procedures are up to date and reflective of current operations.
- Consistently exercise discretion in handling correspondence, information, and all matters of confidentiality; raise issues where appropriate.
- Keep others in the immediate team informed and up-to-date about the status/progress of projects, and all relevant or useful information related to day-to-day activities.
- Orders and maintains supplies, office equipment, publications, safety materials etc. for their designated team/division.
- Provides reception relief and support.
- Provides administrative assistance with staff time sheets.
What will you need to succeed:
- Two (2) year College Certificate in office administration or combination of equivalent post-secondary education and experience.
- Valid class G Ontario driver’s license an asset.
- Two (2) to three (3) years of proven experience as an administrative assistant or office administrator.
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively, both independently and as a team member.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively and courteously with all levels of staff and public contacts in a client service environment.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise discretion and judgment when handling confidential, sensitive and/or controversial information.
- Strong computer literacy aptitude in utilizing Microsoft Office Suite (Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Word), Adobe Acrobat, Lotus Notes, and the Internet.
- Knowledge of administrative, organizational/office practices, procedures, and standards.
What TRCA has to offer you:
As part of a progressive team you will have the opportunity to make a positive impact to preserving and protecting nature, while maintaining a balance between the natural environment and built environment. Working with experts within our field, you will join a team of colleagues that are committed to TRCA’s core values of integrity, collaboration, accountability, respect, and excellence (icare).
You will be part of a diverse and inclusive organization that:
- Makes a positive difference in the communities we serve.
- Fosters high performance and collaborative teams.
- Provides continuous learning and development opportunities.
- Offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits program (including Defined Benefit Pension Plan – OMERS/OTPP).
- Pregnancy & Parental Leave Top-Up Program.
- Provides unique TRCA Perks.
- Provides flexible work arrangements.
- Offers potential for career growth and advancement.
To apply to this posting, click on the “Apply” icon. Please submit your resume and cover letter prior to midnight on November 29, 2022.
All new hires are required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 as a precondition to being hired by TRCA. TRCA will comply with its obligations pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code and any other applicable legislation.
While the Toronto and Region Conservation Authority (TRCA) thanks all applicants for their interest, only those under consideration will be contacted for interviews. Please be advised that successful incumbent(s) may be required to undergo a vulnerable sector screening and/or driver’s abstract check as a part of the final step in the hiring process.
TRCA is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and TRCA Policies, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to the TRCA. We welcome applications from all qualified persons.
Personal information you provide through the TRCA recruitment, selection and onboarding process is collected under the authority of the Conservation Authorities Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. C.27. Collection of this personal information is necessary for the proper administration of this recruitment process for employment and volunteer positions with TRCA. Personal information is protected from disclosure pursuant to the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Any questions regarding this collection activity should be directed to the Supervisor of Records, 101 Exchange Avenue, Vaughan, Ontario, L4K 5R6, (416) 661-6600 extension 5216.
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Temporary Contract
- Min Hiring Rate $57,862.00
- Max Hiring Rate $62,732.00
- Travel Required No
- Required Education Certification
- 9755 Canada Company Ave, Woodbridge, ON L4H 0A3, Canada
- Swan Lake, 1229 Bethesda Side Road, Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada