Engineering Technologist, Major Contracts
Current Rate of Pay: Band 8 - Min = $72,410 Max = $78,505 per annum
Employment type: Temporary Contract
Duration of employment: 1 year
Hours of work: 35 hrs/week
Work location: Head Office – Vaughan
Division: Corporate Services
Business unit: Property Assets and Risk Management
Remote Work: Hybrid
With more than 60 years of experience, Toronto and Region Conservation Authority (TRCA) is one of 36 Conservation Authorities in Ontario, created to safeguard and enhance the health and well-being of watershed communities through the protection and restoration of the natural environment and the ecological services the environment provides.
TRCA works to protect the integrity and health of the rivers and creeks in the jurisdiction, develop a system of green and natural spaces that sustains local ecosystems, and advance sustainable practices that improve people’s lives within our growing region.
How you will contribute as part of the TRCA team:
- Responsible for assisting with building and infrastructure, and other capital and special construction projects.
- Review technical documentation with Project Manager/Lead to ensure conformance with terms and conditions set out in the procurement documents including field reports, design briefs and assessments
- Provide support to the Project Lead relating to the day-to-day management of contractor’s during the construction implementation
- Track the contractor’s progress based on provided schedules
- Review of documentation including shop drawings, billing packages with quantity amounts and the processing of such documents within TRCA repositories.
- Provide input on the RFQ/RFT and RFP processes while abiding by corporate policies and procedures.
- Working with the internal project team preparing detailed construction estimates using Microsoft Excel spread sheets, itemizing individual tasks throughout the project phasing.
- Perform other duties as assigned or as required with departmental, divisional and/or corporate objectives (i.e., Carry out site inspections at active TRCA construction projects. Coordinate input into group and corporate databases as required.)
What will you need to succeed:
- 3-year diploma in Civil Engineering Technology or Construction Management
- 3 years’ experience in related field is an asset
- Eligibility for OACETT
- Valid G license
What TRCA has to offer you:
As part of a progressive team, you will have the opportunity to make a positive impact to preserving and protecting nature, while maintaining a balance between the natural environment and built environment. Working with experts within our field, you will join a team of colleagues that are committed to TRCA’s core values of integrity, collaboration, accountability, respect, and excellence (icare).
You will be part of a diverse and inclusive organization that:
- Makes a positive difference in the communities we serve.
- Fosters high performance and collaborative teams.
- Provides continuous learning and development opportunities.
- Offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits program (including Defined Benefit Pension Plan – OMERS/OTPP).
- Pregnancy & Parental Leave Top-Up Program.
- Provides unique TRCA Perks.
- Provides flexible work arrangements.
To apply to this posting, click on the “Apply” icon. Please submit your resume and cover letter prior to midnight on August 18, 2022.
All new hires are required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 as a precondition to being hired by TRCA. TRCA will comply with its obligations pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code and any other applicable legislation.
While the Toronto and Region Conservation Authority (TRCA) thanks all applicants for their interest, only those under consideration will be contacted for interviews. Please be advised that successful incumbent(s) may be required to undergo a vulnerable sector screening and/or driver’s abstract check as a part of the last step in the hiring process.
TRCA is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and TRCA Policies, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to the TRCA. We welcome applications from all qualified persons.
Personal information you provide through the TRCA recruitment, selection and onboarding process is collected under the authority of the Conservation Authorities Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. C.27. Collection of this personal information is necessary for the proper administration of this recruitment process for employment and volunteer positions with TRCA. Personal information is protected from disclosure pursuant to the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Any questions regarding this collection activity should be directed to the Supervisor of Records, 101 Exchange Avenue, Vaughan, Ontario, L4K 5R6, (416) 661-6600 extension 5216.
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Temporary Contract
- Travel Required Yes
- Travel % 70
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- 101 Exchange Ave, Concord, ON L4K 5R6, Canada