Design Engineer | Heavy Equipment Manufacturing | Paris
The successful candidate will work closely with an established engineering team on one of Tigercat’s product lines. Team goals will be focused on a variety of improvements ranging from cost optimization to new product development. Candidates will have a passion for product improvement and be comfortable working out the details with a cross functional group.
Day Shift - 5 x 8 hour shifts; Monday to Friday
Responsibilities may include:
- Design of welded steel fabrications for manual and robotic welding, fixture, and process design
- Structural FEA and dynamic simulation of machine components
- Implementation of advanced hydraulic power and electronic control systems, sensors, controllers
- Hydraulic cylinder and hydraulic component detail design, control valve and plumbing detail
- Detail CAD drawings, bill of material creation and maintenance
- Testing of vehicle systems in a lab or traveling for in-field testing
- Close coordination with manufacturing, quality, and purchasing to optimize designs
Skills and Experience:
- Mechanical engineering, or mechatronics, eligible for CET or P.Eng
- Mature understanding of machine design fundamentals, detail calculations, simulations
- Excellent 3D modeling (SolidWorks) and FEA (Simulation) software
- Hands-on, creative, self-motivated, passionate person willing to take on diverse and challenging technical tasks or analysis to get a project completed
- Strong verbal communication skills in English, excellent written communication skills in English
- Able to work in an office environment along with approximately 20% of the time assisting various projects in a shop manufacturing environment
- Previous experience in heavy forestry equipment machines is not required
We can offer you continued:
- Progressive health and safety program
- Interesting and challenging work and projects
- Opportunity to see and be involved with our products from start to finish
- Competitive Wages and Profit Sharing
- RRSP Matching Program
- Skills development and training reimbursement
- Family oriented (BBQ’s, picnics as well as social and sporting events)
- Company paid healthcare benefits and Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP)
Interested in joining the dynamic Tigercat Team? Learn more about our role below!
Tigercat Industries is a proud, privately owned Canadian company since 1992. We specialize in the design and manufacture of premium quality forestry and off-road industrial equipment. Our valued employees are the roots of our success! We have multiple locations in Southwestern Ontario, and approximately 2000+ employees.
Having training and experience are key, but at Tigercat Industries, we believe that it’s what you DO with what you have that counts. Our people are empowered to put their training, experience, and expertise into action.
View our product line-up here and check out our machines in action on Tigercat TV!
Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
We thank you for your application!
Tigercat Industries strives to create a respectful, accessible, and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview, or selection processes, please contact Human Resources for assistance.
- Job Family Engineering
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Regular
- Job Start Date Monday, April 24, 2023
- 160 Consolidated Drive, Paris, Ontario, Canada