Technical Trainer | OEM Industrial Forestry Equipment Manufacturing
We are currently seeking a motivated and driven individual for the position of Technical Trainer to provide training for machine assemblers with a wide range of skills and abilities as well as forestry machine operation, service, and setup. You will be responsible for providing virtual, in-class and hands-on training to employees, dealers and customers at Tigercat Facilities in Brantford, Cambridge, Paris and Kitchener, Ontario, as well as our Training Facility in Georgia, US, and dealer locations across North America and Internationally.
The Technical Trainer will be responsible for planning and preparing instructional materials and resources; establishing and managing a positive learning environment; and instructing and evaluating students.
The successful candidate must have an ability to relate theoretical knowledge and practical applications through innovative delivery methods to provide a meaningful learning environment for students of diverse backgrounds and ages. The ability to work as a part of a team and a demonstration of excellent interpersonal and communication skills are essential.
Tigercat Industries is a proud, privately owned Canadian company since 1992. We specialize in the design and manufacture of premium quality forestry and off-road industrial equipment. Our valued employees are the roots of our success! We have multiple locations in Southwestern Ontario, and approximately 2000+ employees.
View our product line-up here and check out our machines in action on Tigercat TV!
Responsibilities may include:
- Conduct a needs assessment and work closely with our Service, Manufacturing, Quality and Engineering Departments to gather relevant information and develop course curriculum
- Develop and maintain related curriculum, quick reference guides, instructor/participant guides, hands on exercises, job aids and "train-the-trainer toolkits."
- Providing virtual, in-class and hands-on training to dealers and customers at Tigercat Facilities in Brantford, Cambridge, Paris, and Kitchener Ontario, as well as the Offsite Training Facility in Georgia, US, and dealer locations in North America and Internationally
- Provide feedback to service, engineering, production and purchasing departments to improve product quality
- Administer tests to evaluate achievement of students in technical knowledge and practical skills
- Use a variety of teaching strategies most appropriate for learning objectives and outcomes
- Ensure proper safety procedures are being followed
- Maintain confidentiality of the company, customers, and employee records
- Undertake special projects and complete other duties as assigned
Skills and Experience:
- Possess mechanic or millwright license, Engineering diploma or degree or similar education an asset
- Have a minimum of 5 years of experience in a related field
- Previous experience as a Technical Trainer an asset
- Strong understanding of hydraulic, electrical, electronic, mechanical, diesel and after treatment systems
- Comprehensive understanding of drawings and specifications, geometric tolerances, and dimensions
- Bilingual (English / French, Russian, Spanish, or Portuguese) is a strong asset
- Demonstrated ability to use initiative, work efficiently and independently
- Strong organizational skills, planning and time management skills
- Knowledge of occupational health and safety legislation and regulations
- Politically and culturally sensitive
- Must be tactful, have sound judgment and possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively within a team as well as independently
- Proficient in computer skills, including effective working skills of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and e-mail required
- High degree of resourcefulness, flexibility, and adaptability
- Valid Passport, up-to-date vaccination status and ability to travel – worldwide and on short notice
- Required to travel locally and internationally
What We Can Offer You:
- Progressive health and safety program
- Interesting and challenging work and projects
- Opportunity to see and be involved with our products from start to finish
- Competitive Wages and Profit Sharing
- RRSP Matching Program
- Skills development and training reimbursement
- Family oriented (BBQ’s, picnics as well as social and sporting events)
- Company paid healthcare benefits and Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP)
Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
We thank you for your application!
Tigercat Industries strives to create a respectful, accessible, and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview, or selection processes, please contact Human Resources for assistance.
- Job Family General Administration
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Regular
- Job Start Date Monday, April 17, 2023
- 63 Morton Avenue East, Brantford, Ontario, Canada