Payroll Administrator | Manufacturing Environment - Multiple Locations
Reporting to the VP of Finance, the Payroll Administrator is responsible for assisting in multiple financial activities relating to company bi-weekly payroll functions. This includes timely and accurate reporting of payroll data for the company employees. Other responsibilities include journal entry preparation, reconciliations, and various other accounting functions. Exceptional customer service skills, integrity and strong attention to detail are crucial for this role, as well; outstanding interpersonal skills will be a key component for this position.
Day shift: 5 x 8 hour shifts; Monday to Friday
Interested in joining the dynamic Tigercat Team? Learn more about our role below!
Tigercat Industries is a proud, privately owned Canadian company since 1992. We specialize in the design and manufacture of premium quality forestry and off-road industrial equipment. Our valued employees are the roots of our success! We have multiple locations in Southwestern Ontario, and approximately 2000+ employees.
Having training and experience are key, but at Tigercat Industries, we believe that it’s what you DO with what you have that counts. Our people are empowered to put their training, experience, and expertise into action.
View our product line-up here and check out our machines in action on Tigercat TV!
Responsibilities may include:
- Prepare and administer payroll for company employees in a timely fashion, while auditing payroll processing reports for accuracy
- Prepare journal entries and forms, such as records of employment, income tax forms, and remittances
- Issue ad hoc, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports
- Implement salary increases, vacation payout, profit share, etc.
- Maintain detailed records and documentation of payroll functions for audit purposes, in accordance with statutory requirements
- Collaborate with the HR department and other departments to ensure pay and personnel records are accurate and up to date
- Communicate with a variety of internal and external parties for the purpose of ensuring accurate processing of payroll deductions/garnishments
Skills and Experience:
- Membership with the Canadian Payroll Association an asset
- Strong customer service focus with a friendly and positive attitude
- Minimum of 3 years' working experience
- Must be accountable and dependable
- Strong knowledge of payroll systems, internal controls, and management
- Knowledge of Ceridian Dayforce an asset
- Good knowledge of accounting, journal entries, and bookkeeping experience.
- Ability to prepare ad hoc reports using Microsoft Excel
- Must be able to handle confidential information in an ethical and professional manner
- Data analysis skills required
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal, with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently
- Computer literacy, including effective skills in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and e-mail required.
- Attention to detail in all areas of work
What We Can Offer You:
- Progressive health and safety program
- Interesting and challenging work and projects
- Opportunity to see and be involved with our products from start to finish
- Competitive Wages and Profit Sharing
- RRSP Matching Program
- Skills development and training reimbursement
- Family oriented (BBQ’s, picnics as well as social and sporting events)
- Company paid healthcare benefits and Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP)
Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
We thank you for your application!
Tigercat Industries strives to create a respectful, accessible, and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview, or selection processes, please contact Human Resources for assistance.
- Job Family General Administration
- Pay Type Hourly
- Job Start Date Monday, April 3, 2023
- 66 Moorefield Street, Cambridge, Ontario, Canada